Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Gundam's 09 Track build

74K views 459 replies 54 participants last post by  Gundamzeppelin 
#1 · (Edited)
The beginning

Well I've been a member for a while I figured it's about time I made a progress thread... So I can be as cool as everyone else... My god the smell of cat shit ruins this moment for me.

It all began in 2010, a bit of back story.... Long story short my engagement went to pots she moved across country and I was depressed & I was faced with a choice become a drug addict or an adrenaline junkie...
I figured Motorcycles would be cheaper than a 8 ball of coke a week... I was wrong.

I spent many years in The Game.. In a way I was like a drug dealer instead of slinging rocks I slinged movie props. I made a few pretty penny's and had some sweet swag. I decided I needed a change. High end movie props are like politics if you are in the wrong party you are screwed and bitter rivalry's last years. If someone blacklisted you it effected who would do business with you.

I wanted out, I needed a more positive hobby.. Some how I wound up back at my first love Motorcycles than boobies. Growing up poor the dream of being a racer was Impossible HELL a decent lunch was a stretch so I gave up on that at the age of 13.

Now as an adult in arrested development I was able to change this. So I went to the bank they told me no on a loan I couldn't afford a motorcycle..
I looked the lady in the eye and said fine I'll pay in cash all at once.

I sold one of my most beloved works my 1979 Darth vader ANH Replica suit with parts cast from movie molds or total sourced real world pieces 5 years of research and my life went into this suit.:nono I still miss it, but all it did was collect dust on a display.

I walk into the dealership and ask them between the 1098, 848, R1 & R6 which one am I least likely to die on? The owner said "The R6" So I took it. I liked it the most anyway for some reason.
The ladies love cowboy boots

I was told motorcycles are chick magnets... The man who said this is a liar I had two GF's dump me back to back over the bike. :laugh

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

The visual Mods phase

We all go through it, when your need to "Ball" is too powerful to be ignored!
I wont lie the Swag is strong in this one.:flex:

My first order of business was to get a rear stand make working on the bike easier...being a "noob" I picked up one of the cheap stands a member here pointed me too..

If you see this red stand stay far away from it! they are now sold on fleabay they break easy!

next order of business being a noob and cheap *****ing up your wind screen.
"You always get what you pay for with motorcycle related stuff"

Well Rim tape is cheap and sweet so I take that last statement back.

Next up the infamous Halo mod from the now debunked Kryptonblubs.
This is one of the only visual mods I don't feel I wasted money on.
It's still more badass than Don Johnson durring Mami Vice! or magnum P.I

This thing....I wont lie I know I needed it, BUT I didn't know how to use it when I saw numbers flicker on the screen I knew I was on the right track!

After a few blown fuses and a few shocks It was alive with new eyes.
(Surly this would get me laid!)

JOHNNY 5 Is ALIVE!

The bikes first winter sleep. Changed oil, clean chain stabil in the tank.

#3 ·
Spring of 2011.
I had been a full member of the R6-forum for a year & my Squid levels were dropping rapidly, but the swag was still strong in me.

I picked up a 3rd eye from Tripage leds... I wont lie I did it for the knight rider
a puig windscreen to replace my totally ****ed sliver one.:laugh

Skrillex please assist me in a beat drop!

Ditched the fleabay tankpad for Skurk's stuff

Also picked up the new at the time Tech Spec C3's

Some bull's eye vinyl decals... At this point I was getting over the visual mods & leaning toward performance & more protective gear.

#4 · (Edited)
Gear
My HJC FS-15... as faithful as it was, this helmet sucked ass. Ben Spies is a monster talent to win anything in this horrid helmet! If I checked behind me the wind drag damn near nipped my head off. :nono

Ridersdiscount always seemed to have inane prices on the forum so I scooped up a Shoei RF-1100 Warlord

Night and Day over the HJC, light weight, comfortable, beautiful gloss finish, nothing cheap about it! AND I can look behind me without feeling as if I am being hung from a belt in my closet while wearing women's clothes beating off like David carradine. :laugh

You always get what you pay for with motorcycle gear... Unless you are pickpocket than "Only suckers pay retail!:fact"

I was so pleased with Ridersdiscount I than picked up the Alpinstars GP pro gloves Which were tight as rabbit shit, but they broke in over time. A decent glove for the price, but the palm wore in pretty easy....Over all VS what I was using this was a step up.

and The Alpinestars track pants. I will give an honest review of the A* gear. The track pants were horrid even a size up they were tighter than the American budget! just sitting on the bike was uncomfortable, but not knowing any better I assumed this was a good thing. Wrong! These pants limited my riding ability to no end :nono

Never will I buy Alpinestars gear again! They outsource their work to china & Vietnam... it really shows....that and the label told me so.
Seriously if you can afford better than A* do yourself a favor and pay the extra cash. But also remember "Only suckers pay retail."

Sidi vortice. I will sum them up like this I will wear no other boot, but Sidi's unless I am paid to do so! I don't have any pictures of the boots on hand so this VLC shot from my cam mount falling off the bike will have to do.:lmao

#5 · (Edited)
My last mod before the end of the 2011 Season was the Termignoni GP slip on. To some it was the holy grail, A piece of the glory days of Rossi Yamaha to others an exhaust of a bygone era. For me it was a sweet piece to a puzzle I planned on finishing also the price was right!

Loved the look and the sound in idle with the stock headers, but without a full system it is barley noticeable and the loss of low end power is a wee bit disheartening.

As you can see the Tech spec's are being ripped to bits, I noticed as I wear leathers every ride & my body position was more aggressive I began destroying the tank grips. But tec spec was cool and sent me a new set free of charge with a key chain.

Spring 2012 the hunt for a track

My season started off with me pretty much gun hoe to hit NJMP with friends I hate being alone:eek:. I had reached the point were I was at the limit of what I could learn with street riding. Within reason.

Unfortunately I had a GF at the time & I was pissing away money...:nono

To add insult to injury my Wasten Designs turn signals ate it hard one morning. But the owner was awesome and set me a new set! free of charge now that is good business!

After another failed relationship I.E I was ditched for someone else.... wish I knew it was coming I'd have spent more money on the bike! This wouldn't have happened if I knew of The D.E.N.N.I.S System sooner!!

Now newly single I had some money again, it was time to..."treat yourself 2011"

I picked up a set of Dunlop Q2's from Ridersdiscount Fantastic tire! Heats up well, turns in like a dream I still haven't pushed these to their limit I'm still not 100% sure where the edge on these tires are.

I knew where the edge was on the stock tires, I had gone over a few times :laugh Hunter S. Thompson would be proud of me. Had he not blown his brains out.

I could only imagine what he would say if he witnessed me crash. "My boy that was thee finest crash I've ever seen! The way you pissed yourself in mid flight it was sheer poetry."

I saved enough money for a trip to NJMP june 27 & 28 with Lee, Cheif, shadows & the gang, but unfortunately the mustangs brake lines shit the bed.:(
and renting a van was around 200 dollars or more in and of it's self...:nono
I missed out on NJMP. It was a sad day.

So my days were spent cannon carving with local track guys I knew, but this began to feel unsafe for me, due to people dying on the very road we would hit almost weekly. :nono

Later in the summer season a track was revealed to be opening in my area an hour away. NYsafety track A game changer! Now instead of planing for maybe one or two track days for 2013 I could go monthly! At the very least:lmao (More chances to kill myself GENIUS sign me up!):YEA

This lit a fire under my ass.

#10 · (Edited)
:lmao safety first I always say. Unless it comes to women and drugs than I say.
"Don't say no if a whore offers you blow"

It means a lot coming form you and your sick ride. My goal is to rip you off to tell the truth. :laugh

:bowroll this shit is just too funny this early in the morning. hopefully youll make it to NJMP some time next season.
I figure My track build should reflect my personality... A bit wacky and random.
Also I figure do a few track locally so I can go to NJMP & be in the same group as you fast bastards.
Btw, A bat just crashed into my window a seriously holy shit moment

#7 · (Edited)
The Track build

Ditched my driven Skullys for Renthol grips

Picked up MJS headers for a decent price

I know I need a coolant flush.

ECU sent off to be flashed by Bauce racing.
:flex:

AGG Smog block off plates

Woodcraft, buying the rightside today.

Ex-up removed finally.

#8 · (Edited)
New leathers RS-Tai Chi GP-Max R100.... Good bye A*

Yes I am in love with this suit. My balls feel all shiny & smooth as eggs when I rock this!

#17 ·
I will try to catch you around. The NH track isn't that were penguin racing school hold a few track days?

Nicely done....:laugh at "only suckers pay retail". Cant wait to see some track pictures in the near future.
Pickpocket is famous for that line & his avid hated of motomummy

Looking forward to seeing you at the track man!
Totally I will try maintain my cool image and not crash in front of you or into you. :laugh
:laugh :popcorn:
:lmao
:wave

#19 ·
Nice Chazz! I raughed out roud hard at the cocaine refererences......:bowroll. Maybe I'll see you at the track next year too!

#22 ·
Today was on of those days, you know the kind where you are awoken by a cat dropping a plate on your head looney tunes style. :nono

Next you find out the hot chick you've been hitting on was kicking it with Dave ****ing Navarro.... I can't compete with that, what can i say?!
"Well...uh did you know he tried to blow Manson?" This is actually true. Whats the world coming too when you gotta do something gay to get chicks.

So despite my love life being a sad mess.... I headed down to harbor freight to pickup some stuff to install the left side woodcraft cover when it gets here.

Man I swear IDK how anyone works the morning shift it is dangerous just driving. Women & old people all over the ****ing place. I would have been safer storming the beaches of Normandy.:eek5

#23 ·
What an entertaining read Chazz! Very nice! You going full track, or this bike going to do double duty?

You could make a good bit of cash selling those headlights and fairings, and use that towards your build! :fact

In for updates for sure!

:cheers

#24 ·
I want to keep it double duty just in case I give in and sell her for the BMW. That HP4 is just so hot. :laugh

Admittedly I hate street riding, but not riding for prolonged periods makes me fall into a depression. (winter is a sad time of year for me)
So Idk if I could go full track unless I can afford to own two bikes.

#30 ·
You're right Sherman the Swag factor would be HIGH. The classic 50th scheme in blue would really be sweet.

Once you get out on the track a bit, you'll have no probs letting the street riding go... Weighing the risks between the two, the track always wins. Plus, how much riding you do in the course of a weekend is insane compared to what you'd do on the streets. That being said, everyone is different, so the decision is completely yours. But I can say, I don't miss riding the street at all... Track weekends are more then enough. You do so much riding you go home sore as hell... I can't say in the years of riding street I ever went home sore from riding so hard.

I will say that BMW is SWEEEET! But don't get too ahead of yourself. Those things are insanely powerful! Had a chance to do a lap on a guys 1000RR over the weekend and that thing is hella dangerous. I myself am a FEW years off from being able to handle a machine like that. I'll stick with the 6 for a few years until I really feel I need more. Just something to take into consideration. The R6 is more then capable for track and street! Mull it over... I'd hate to see another R.I.P. thread... Those things are crazy powerful! Tame the R6 first, then consider your options... At least, that's my advice.

:cheers
I've had a few sore rides in the mountain and back road areas.

I'm sure my days on the street are numbered once I get a real handle on track, I rarely ride as is unless it's a twisty road I know like the back of my hand & make sure the road is clean before I have a wee bit of fun, but always with in reason. I never push my luck or my ability

I know I haven't tapped into any of the R6's true ability due to my tame nature..... I've been pulled over for going under the speed limit. :laugh
But that BMW, man it's life changing I've only spent 20 mins on one and WOW.

The brakes should have been adjusted for my liking, but non the less that thing could stop on a dime. I guess you need that stopping ability for the power. Speaking of power my god that thing rips holes through TIME!:lmao

Also the way I could change direction makes the R6 seem sluggish. I'm not saying I'm fast, but even I could notice the difference in machines.

The weight factor, so much lighter than the R6 IMO. It truly is a pretty little death machine.

Personally I'd KILL to own it and keep the R6 for track. But the main reason I don't have a BMW right now is because I knew I wasn't fast enough. I feel bad for the guy I was talking to at the dealership because he was close as **** to having me sign some papers! Poor bastard I tickled his balls with a feather. :lmao

I wouldn't worry about a RIP thread for me....Well who am I lying to I hope to die on a motorcycle so I can go out happy. :laugh

But knowing my luck I'll die in my sleep from vomit due to excessive drinking or something, Good change a woman will kill me.

If you knew how many times I tried to off myself & I'm still kicking you'd be shocked. I'm like a roach or something.:lmao

You can buy just the slider. It just unbolts and they come in blue. I think they are like $25 too.
25! The one site I checked wanted 45!?:eek5 I better do more looking!

Same here Chazz. Seasonal depression is a mahfcuka!!
Yeah seriously, Riding is the only thing I do worth wild in my eyes. I wish I got a bike sooner I wasted so many years of my life not riding.

:popcorn:

beautiful bike!
Thanks man, I goal is to be one of the "illest" R6's here. I have a long road ahead of me.:(

#29 ·
:popcorn:

beautiful bike!

#32 ·
#33 ·
Nice! really at this point to replace it would be out of sheer vanity. I'll live with red till I bin it :laugh

#36 · (Edited)
The fcuk up:

If Fcuking up was an art form I'd be a true renaissance man! Much like if Masturbation was a crime I'd be on DeathRow.

While replacing my engine covers I had one of the star bolts strip on me on the sator. (just my luck the others no problem this one comes half way and bites the dust.)

I also nicked the coated copper wire with the t-30 bit. After reading on the net what to do I attempted to dremel it so i could use a flat head. After this failed miserably. :lmao

I was left with two options take it to the dealer and pay an arm & a leg or try to tough it out myself.
Well I decided to figure it out myself this may not have been one of my proudest moments nor wisest decision. Much like going to a strip club on December 24th with no money at 18 years old. long story short the bouncer told me I have to leave I said "not on Jesus's birthday! I don't" he picked me up chair and all than threw me in the snow.

It was time to stay the course as Bush would say... We all remember how well that went. :look:

After dremeling it down hardcore I was able to get it out, but I noticed I nailed the inside of the sator ring.
Hard as hell to see with all those sparks flying.

IS it still useable or should I just replace it? :(

I'm currently waiting for new star bolts in the mail before I attempt to put it back together and turn her on again. The first time was ruff as if the battery was dead, I let I run for 30 seconds before I thought "better not push my luck." btw with the MJS/termi/flash ECU the bike sounded like a damn monster for the short time it was on.:eek5

I asked chief for his insight I blew up his phone like an ex GF with an unwanted pregnancy.:lmao

Bluerebel says I maybe cool, I am currently harassing Melk-man to see what his 2cents are.:popcorn:

Yep I cemented my place as the most ****ed track build ever in the R6 Forum history.:nono

#37 ·
Small update sergioandres :cheers offered to send me a Sator at the price of shipping. This site kicks all sorts of ass!:cheers Just in time too! It's getting cold outside, Gotta get the bike in the house before snow falls.:fact

#39 ·
Me too man.:fact The bike will pull double duty we'll see how I feel next year. knowing how lazy I tend to be, I may strap some LED's on the track body work to be able to ride it on the street.

You know we never did get action pictures out there, maybe net year.

We should set up a meeting spot at the abandoned gas station, it's already where the track guys chill sometimes. Also that left hander in front of the station is so aggressive would be prime for beautiful shots.

The two older guys who own those bikes, Don't ride with them unless you are fast. Those two are beast. :laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.