Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

03' R6 Street Fighter Build

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff9965 
#1 ·
Well I finally started working on my bike again after my accident back in may. Instead of restoring my R6 to its original condition, I'm turning it into a streetfighter due to low funds, and the fact I'm anxious to get it back on the road. I got a few pics I'm putting up(sorry for the mess in the back round I'm moving lol), Its a slow process I still have a lot of work to do but I'm making progress. I made a custom bracket out of 1/4" aluminium to hold the instrument cluster in place as you can see in the pics. I'll be making a light fixture for the projectors, and front turn signals out of aluminium. This will bolt to the instrument cluster bracket. I'm still playing with a few different designs for the light fixture, I want a nice clean look. I'm replacing the gas tank, and upper and lower tail fairings in the back. I have a new stator cover, and a new front brake/throttle assembly on order along with some new mirrors that attach to the clip-ons. Its getting there, I cant wait until its finished. I miss being out on the road, and hate being confined to my cage:nono

See less See more
#4 ·
My parts haven't come in yet, so nothing has changed. I'll keep you all posted.

#5 ·
I'm interested to see what happens too.. I have an 03 r6 that I want to turn into a fighter and I haven't the slightest where to start out with the gauge cluster and headlight after the front and mid fairings come off. The 7 inch lights look cool but I also like the way the lights on like a newer triumph street triple look.

I really want to chop the tail and put something a little more aggressive on there as well after I get finished with the front and fairings but... there's no machine shop at my apartment complex. :thumbdown I know right? What a let down... :lmao

but yeah... can't wait to see what happens here.

#7 ·
You going SF also?

Here are some pics of mine when I ripped everything off.

Attachments

#8 ·
Well haven't done much since then. I tore the bike apart its in pieces on my garage floor. Currently I'm working on cleaning up the frame. I'm getting it powdercoated black along with the wheels. I'm still needing to purchase a few parts like the upper tail fairing and some aftermarket headlights. I'll keep you guys updated.

#9 ·
I'm back it's been a while I ended up parting out my old R6 and bought a new one its heavily modded I I couldn't pass it up I got a few pics of it I uploaded

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.