Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

do you follow the follow the speed limit?

1K views 30 replies 29 participants last post by  BlueEnvy 
#1 · (Edited)
do you follow the speed limit?

i just started to follow them more closely... i always followed them in town, but i never did outside of town. normally 100+. tons of open roads make it easy to do. but now im chilling at around 63mph outside of town. just taking it more slow and traveling less squid like.

#10 ·
noble said:
average about 10 over as well in town, on the highway i ride no faster than 80. But when theirs nobody around those numbers can and do go up drastically ;)

:stupic with the occassional outburst when the roads are open and no cops are around :FU

#15 ·
man..,.its soooo hard some times... .. no one around... 45mph back rd. look down and Im going 70.
I feel vry lucky due to the fact that I havnt got a ticket (knock on wood)
kuz I catch my self doing it alot.

#16 ·
I have no clue if I am speeding cause my speedo is way off! haha but I am usually passing cars in the country but cops hate bikes in my town so i stay with traffic (kinda) haha unless I am playing around

#17 ·
I'm generally 15-20 over... most cops here in Ames are usually pretty cool and unless your zippin' through a school zone they generally won't bother you. That and they are usually always in the same spot! Got pulled over the other day and we were easily 20 over, he just asked us to slow it down and pointed out a few 'illigal' mods on the bikes. Pretty chill guys around here.

#23 ·
im always 20 to 30 over usually when by myself and 30 when riding with group. to be honest i always do speed limit when im tired as hell or when i see pulled over cars from cops but other than that ive gone 30 over in front of cops always braked in their face and thank god that till this day i never got pulled over. well im lying. i have but the let me go. 95 miles over the speed limit. speed limit was 45and i was doing 140. the reason i got caught was because he followed me with no lights and i got cornered at my friends dead end. he let me slide because(exact word) you were honest and because you stopped cause i wasnt gonna catch you. i was like wat1!!!.in florida 30 miles over is license suspension and bike towed. so i pretty much act stupid and havent fooled around much but i guess ive been lucky

#24 ·
5-15 over???

man i feel like such a criminal now... ever since i got my 520 kit (-1/+2) im always goin 80-100. freeway im usually cruisin 90-100. when on back roads i just refer to the "basic speed law" or close enough to it lol if i think the roads safe enough to go fast with limited traffic i usually am going 20-30 over... til i see one of those mini-vans with a "baby on board" sign, then i feel bad and slow down. but yea i guess you could call me a bad person haha but in all honesty its hard not to go fast when cops barely even pay attention to you up here. i do my best to not take advantage of that though :swordfigh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.