Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Agg Racing, NEW ITEM: SBK rear reservoir kit

62K views 575 replies 67 participants last post by  maddagascar 
#1 · (Edited)
http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66

that's right... they're now available. :nocontrol

you can also buy JUST the tygon. $5.95/ft (and my "foot" is more like 13" and change - i suck at measuring but don't care) :laugh

This is a simple high-quality Agg Racing kit comprised of a hose clamp, spring clamp, breather cap, and clear hose. The hose clamp is a SS band (301 grade) with a SS screw (410 grade). The spring clamp is also SS (17-7 PH grade), and doesn't require any special too for install - a set of pliars and a good grip will work perfectly. An HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) branded breather cap will complete the hardware of this kit. The tubing is a highly chemical resistant Tygon 2375 tubing (1/4" I.D. and 3/8" O.D, 1/16" wall thickness) (2375 replaces the previous version, 2075), which won't crack, sweat, etc when in contact with even high corrosive brake fluid. This kit included 12" of tubing, and since the SBK rear reservoir only requires 8", the remaining 4" of Tygon can be used to update the front brake reservoir connection to match the newly installed rear reservoir.

i've done my very best to insure quality components to where there is NO wear/corrosion/rust on the parts used at any time, but can't promise it won't happen. i will guarantee them for 1-year from date of purchase, and will replace either/or clamp and spring clamp if needed. the HRC cap should be covered by Honda - so keep the HRC packaging.

the price of the full kit is $18.95 shipped. if you're not interested in the full kit, you can get JUST the clear Tygon tubing for $5.95/ft (with free shipping, as always).

i will always have a stock of these... so feel free to order whenever you'd like. IF the site is telling you it's unavailable at the moment, that means i'm very likely already waiting on Honda to supply me with another batch of breather caps. they can be slow from time to time. :|

edit: here's my how-to for this item... done on my bike. :fact

here's MY "how-to" - it's nothing much, but there are a few "tricks" i figured out during the install:

what you get... and this is my tube already cut to ~7" for the rear part... leaving ~5-6" for the front tube replacement when i can trick a buddy into coming over and helping me bleed the fronts. :|

1. remove your old stuff... be careful of the fluid, as it's HIGHLY corrosive (protect the swingarm first, b/c i've seen, first hand, the damage this fluid can do if not cleaned correctly... a big ol' spot of raw aluminum) :|

2. slip the SS worm-drive clamp on the tube and then attach it to the master cylinder "in" tube. the trick to making the new tube g'awn (go on, for you non ********) smoothly is simple: find something to dip into the new brake fluid and then rub a bit of the residue inside that end of the tube - i used an old zip tie. slides in like a college chick. :fact then

3. at this point you should have already cut the tubing to ~7-8" long... mine is about 7" (twss) and personally, it's just about perfect. :fact

4. getting fluid in the tiny tube open-end is tricky - thank god for kids. i used a "medicine giver" or whatever it's called, and a little less than 5ml fills up the entire tube, and MIGHT squirt on your face if you're not careful. twss. :laugh

5. do this filling-method until you start getting new fluid (if blue, you'll know) out of the bleeder... if you swap carefully and replace with the same fluid, you won't have to bleed it much.

6. voila... installed SBK kit. YES that top spring clamp is tricky, but if it was any bigger it wouldn't have enough pressure on the cap end to keep fluid from shaking out while riding. i had a buddy help me slide it onto the cap while i was fighting the pressure. worked out like a champ - about 3 minutes.

7. take pics for the whole world to see how awesome your new agg racing SBK reservoir is. post up on the internet so all can see... then buy. :sing :D

See less See more
#10 ·
add the full kit to your cart, then go back and add however many additional feet of tubing only to it...

boom... lemme know.

and sorry about the 5 minute delay. had to run into town to pick up some shipping supplies for the brake lines going out today. :D

#4 ·
YEs!!!!! :nocontrol :toocool:

Just ordered it along with valve stems!!!! Can't wait!!!

#16 ·
during checkout - don't log in using paypal when it's time to pay. under that, there should be a link to "pay with credit card" or whatever... click that. that's what i did when i'm not 100% sure i can trust a person on ebay or whatever. amex ftw! ;)

#17 ·
Bought stuff three times from you, never saw the option to pay straight from card.

#35 ·
yea. officially, you'll get 12". unofficially, i use an architect's scale (those 3-sided triangle rulers) and the whole thing is actually about 13" long. twss. haha. so really, you'll get between 12.5" and 13". more than enough to do the 8" sbk in the back, and a matching line up front.

This is sex. I need one for my birthday present haha. Are you currently running ate super blue? I'm running motul but wanna see how ate is.
i'm running it on the tard - haven't had a chance to swap the track bike over to it yet. but i know the second place big-bike endurance team "the village idiots" in the CMRA run it. their bike is on here a few times... it's sick!

anyways, i've been on motul rbf600 for a couple seasons, so before my next couple track days i'll switch to the superblue and post back what i think. everything else will be the same on my braking setup.

****ing guy....always making me spend money and shit...whens the front kit gonna come!
VVVV

no front kit because it is impractical. you need the reservoir for your brakes to work properly under heat and shit. The rear isnt as important because 1: you dont, or shouldnt use it much,
2: it doesnt build up anywhere near as much heat as the front.
this. and i'm sure other reasons, but this is the short answer.

#36 ·
:popcorn:

#39 ·
alright... so i've got 10 caps showing up here tomorrow, and 6 are sold. i've already ordered another 20 as of tuesday, but just got an email that they're backordered until the end of october. hopefully y'all can get one of these current 4 remaining ones, and then have patience while i wait on the "system" to catch up. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.