Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

How much should I pay for 2008 R6

3K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  TheCult 
#1 ·
Hey fellas/ladies,

I am looking at a 2008 R6/Liquid Silver with 1500 kms on it. Very clean and neat. Asking $ for it is 8999.00. Is this a reasonable amount? First one so just curious. Bike looks real good though. Any advice greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Hard to say about average price/kms. I am in Toronto, ON. I havent seen too many bikes with that low kms on it. Like i said it is a clean bike. Looks new. the dealer seems pretty reputable as well. I just dont want to get hosed on my first first bike.

#15 ·
shit you can buy a bike in the u.s. n ship to your self for much less. that to much its like this if it private party i wont spend no more then 6500 n thats for a 09+. at a dealer you can find them around 7-7300 ish. any more then that might as well jump on a 1k. i sold my 09 raven with 12k for 6450 last year around september with upgrades(yea it doesnt make your bike more "valuable" w/e but it had money into it)....... hope that helps

#16 · (Edited)
Hello, I am in the greater Toronto Area like you so I know the prices. I purchased my 2009 R6 in August and paid through the nose for it. Unfortunately, in the great white north we get ripped off when it comes to motorcycles. Given the time of year $8000 would be fair for that bike all taxes included. A good selling point is the low kilometers. It's the middle of Winter and these guys will want a sale. If not, just walk away. Only caution to you is to please do your due diligence on GTA "dealers" before you pull the trigger. Good luck, the R6 is a great bike.

#19 ·
Just for comparison, I've got one I'm looking at here in Ohio. It's an '08 with about 11-12k miles, has a full exhaust, Rearsets, pcV, steel brake lines, etc. and dude is asking 5.5k for it. It's a rebuilt title, so im thinking itll go for maybe 5k..

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"

#20 ·
Just for comparison, I've got one I'm looking at here in Ohio. It's an '08 with about 11-12k miles, has a full exhaust, Rearsets, pcV, steel brake lines, etc. and dude is asking 5.5k for it. It's a rebuilt title, so im thinking itll go for maybe 5k..
I wouldn't do more than $4k on a rebuilt title, and that's if the bike is perfect. Remember that it is going to be a nightmare to resell.

#25 ·
In Canada very few people take good care of their bikes. Be cautious of buying a used bike there. I don't know why but so many people leave thier bikes, new or old, out in the street exposed to all the elements including snow. So just do your inspection of the bike very well.
As for pricing you could probably get them down to 8k flat. Bring your girlfriend and have her smile alot. :p You are better off buying from a dealer than a private party around there.
Good luck!!

"A girl can never have too many shoes or motorcycles" - quoted by DucatiDiana

#29 ·
Ugh it is true.. I lived in Montreal for 5 years and met tons of other bikers... VERY few took good care of their bikes.
I took apart a friends cbr cuz it wouldn't start and tied to diagnosed the problem. As soon as we took the tank off it was Hell... I think we shed at least 5 lbs of gunk and dirt from the bike, easy...

"A girl can never have too many shoes or motorcycles" - quoted by DucatiDiana

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.