Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

03 R6 doesn't idle high when cold

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  sao1180 
#1 ·
My 03 R6 doesn't idle high when it's cold. I'll start it and it will sit at about 1100 RPM and then idle up to 1300 and stay there. My buddy's R6 idles at like 2k until it hits 104*F. It's pretty damn annoying since it takes 357128395 minutes to warm up.

Is there a high idle servo or something that needs to be adjusted? Or a sender that controls idle that is bad? Any ideas?

#4 ·
tried giving it a small little rev after you start it? mine idles kinda low on a cold start but i give the throttle a little blip and it idles higer.

#6 · (Edited)
there is a cold idle thing(for lack of the known term)
there is no pictures of it on parts diagrams even. it's like a secret or somthing yamaha doesn't let out.:confused:

anyway it's attached to the throttle body setup. it has two coolant lines connected to the rear of it.
and a single screw with a spring. I've never played with it, but it's job is to raise the rpm when it's cold.
now, yours could be bad, needs adjustment, or just need some lube on the slide plate. when you have a look at yours you will be able to see what I'm talking about.

it should move freely.

but like I said, on parts diagrams there is no picture of it. I highly doubt you can purchase it seprately.

#10 ·
Auto choke description and adjustment instructions are here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.