Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Race school with Aaron Yates.

952 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  R-Silaxin 
#1 ·
My friends at ESP and Aaron Yates hosted a race school yesterday at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, AZ. Wow was it ever fun to see Yates up close racing around the track. During one session he was right behind me doing some filming, but when he went around me I had no chance in hell keeping up with him on my R6. Hell let's face it, it wouldn't matter what I was riding because I couldn't keep up with him anyway. LOL.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's badass! Evan brought that green ESP BMW that Aaron raced out to Arroyo the last time I was out there for the race weekend for Roger to rip around on. It was pretty sweet to see an AMA bike out on the track with us!

You ever come out to Arroyo Seco?

#3 ·
Hey Adam. Yes, I so get out there on occasion. I'll make it a point to get out there more next year. The last time I rode at Arroyo was with ESP and Jake Holden. Jake was giving the bike a shake down. It's unreal watching these guys go so flipping fast like It's nothing. At Inde we were out at the end of turn 2 watching the line that Yates was taking. In the braking area the bike would come unsettled, then he would simply flip it into the corner like it was nothing at high speeds. Everyone looked at each other as if there was no way any of us mere mortals could do that.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Well definitely get in touch when you plan to come out. Next year I'll be there all the time. I just got into this whole track thing the end of this year. You're telling me about these AMA guys, I feel that way about how some of the experts pass my ass during the trackdays, like I'm sitting there on my bike... :laugh

I'm looking forward to next year though, get out there and get some more coaching and progressively get faster. The bike is almost perfect, for me at least, just need to work on MY skills...

:cheers

#6 ·
I'll get there at some point. Just need to work on it... Just got into it the end of this year, and a highside caused a broken heal, so I was out for a bit and missed a few trackdays. Next year I'll be out there as often as I can, track time will get me moving in the right direction! :fact

Like I said, let me know next year when you plan to make the trip out!

:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.