Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Another Insurance Thread - Need Advice

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  2006R61999M3 
#1 ·
I am putting a down payment on a Raven R6 tomorrw it does not come in till the last week of july, I am getting a smokin price is why I am waiting so anyways here comes the question i got insurance thru geico for full coverage is 2000 a year, liability is like 200 or 300 or something like that. So i am going to try and move my house car and bike over to state farm but its like october till my house insurance come up so ill be at geico for a few months, im buying the bike outright so i dont have to get full i mean its a little less than 200 a month, that is what the payment would be if i had financed for 3 yrs thru a lender, so it doesnt seem practical for me to insure it full, i mean its a risk so i would get the liability and "swlf insure" the bike but im worried about theft, ive had my stuff taken before i did race atv 's cross country and i had my quad insured and i still got bent over and any ways i didnt come out too good, so i dont know if they have theft avaible with the liability or not, i keep it in a garage and its not bad here i would be worried about if i went some where it getting stolen in the parking lot not necessarily it getting stolen from my house isnt really a concern. So what do u guys think?
Thanks
BTW nice site
:swordfigh

i fell like the insuance companies try to stick it to us every chance they get, :lmao

See less See more
#3 ·
Eff ed over is a understatement, I paid my policy in full, 1666.00 a year for my 04, and I just received a notice that I am short in paying the policy,( surprise to me, cause i have a receipt for the said amount) in the letter. as of april 1 /06 your policy is under review and deemed to be improperly adjusted. It has been corrected to reflect the said vehicle ( my 04 liq silver r6 ) with an increase of 233.00 please pay the said amount within 15 days to keep your policy in good standing. All I Have To Say Is F**k Insurance Because They F**K YOU!!!.
sorry for the rant but its buyer beware.

#7 · (Edited)
Well i am 25 and right now i have 1 ticket i believe on my record so the 2000 a year is on par for my friends in my age bracket besides state farm members

Would u guys worry about it getting stolen from a parking lot, i mean i couls get an alarm?

you suggested liability with comprehenesive and medical- what does comprehenesive cover?

#9 ·
You don't have to wait on your house to switch to State Farm. You just have to have an auto policy. I switched both my cars to State Farm, and not only do they beat EVERYONE on motorcycle insurance, but they were even cheaper on my cars to!! Geico can go screw themselves, they wanted $4200 a year for my bike and I have a perfect record. GO GET STATE FARM!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
I'm 21, 2 Tickets, 1 accident, went with state farm, full coverage, denied medical (since I'm in the military) and I pay $40 a month. What the state farm agent told me is that companies will charge you the 2-3000 premium because they are considering your motorcycle as a primary vehicle. If you tell state farm that you want to add a car to the policy it will drastically reduce your premium. And yes, State Farm is the BEST!

#14 ·
AAA $349/ year 01 r6 full coverage, so cal, 24 yo, clean record. I say hit up AAA and at least get a quote and if u have military affiliation hit up USAA, cheapest ive ever saw and I think they may have HO insurance.. visit their website. Dont gamble on insurance on a bike, you dont want to be bent over by the thieves neither. buy yourself some piece of mind for you and your family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.