Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Tire spin

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  je8720 
#1 ·
I just rely purchased a bt016 for the rear. When the tire is cold I can get on it full throttle and nothing, but when the tire warms up and I get on it all I get is tire spin. I checked tire pressure and it was at 35 but I lowered it hoping I would get some traction and I still get no traction. Right now its at 28 psi. What do you guys think? Bad tire?

#3 ·
As in tire spin, do you mean the tire does not have traction with the ground?

The fact that you think it happens when the tire is warm does not make any sense.

I say it's a worn clutch that's slipping once it warms up..

#8 ·
Really? bikes only got 4200 miles. Damn I hope that's not what the problem is lol the tire just spins I get no traction. I thought the problem would be somewhere in the driveline checked the chain and sprockets everything looked good. How would I check the clutch?

#10 ·
This was in some road rage post a bit ago and I about died laughing..

"i slapped a blackberry out of some angry 40 year old dude, while he was trying to take a pic of me at a red light< he was like " you wanna play games? now i got evidence!!!" he was holding is so close to me, my hand just reached out on its own and gave it a baby bitch slap, Light turned green and i went yut-ugh!!!!!"

sorry to get OT :D

#13 ·
Yeah man...doesnt make any sense for the tire not to grab when its hot

my guess would be clutch as well...its either somethin along those lines or you're tellin is the story backwards and what you really mean is it grabs hot but slips cold lol (which i very much doubt)

#17 ·
Well... your thread doesn't make sense, so we gotta send it to OT.

Does the tire actually ROTATE? If so, then ease off the throttle... easy as pie.

#18 ·
All you get is tire spin? Meaning when you go to take off your tire just sits and spins?? Doesn't make much sense to me.

im just confused, dont mind me

#20 · (Edited)
I think I know what the guy is talking about because the same thing happens to me. It never did it before till lately but if I really wanna get on the throttle either from a stop or just cruising slowly....and I hammer down on the throttle...it feels like the back tire slips and then grabs....I hope it's not the clutch like everyone else has said....it seems more likely to be the clutch on my bike since it's an '02 w/ close to 30,000mi on it

edit: I have a new Pilot Power on it that has less than 1000mi on it

#21 ·
I had tire spin until last week when I put my new pirellis on. My old ones where just dead, still had tread but they were just hard. I just couldn't go full throttle in 1st or 2nd, because it'd break traction very easily. And yes, the wheel did spin. Since i put the new ones on, WOT in 1st and 2nd brings up the front again easily.

My old pirellis where date stamped for 04/06 so I guess they were just old and I bought them last year when they were already 3 years old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.