Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

first sport bike from VA

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Dakota11 
#1 ·
i figured i would put my first post here. im from northern VA and im buying a 06 R6 raven from my brother in-law. He is leting it go for a price i can refuse. the bike has never been droped, and it has less than 5k miles on it. the only mods are drop pegs, and a kit to relocate the license plate (not sure the exact name you call it but it cleans up the look) other than that its stock. i have had an M class since i was 16 and you will prob laugh but i drove a 87 honda shadow for 7 years but for the last 4 years i havent had a bike. the R6 will be my first sport bike and im sure its going to take some geting use to. i look forward to riding and learning about these bikes. if you have any advice i would love to hear it.

#2 ·
welcome. good choice with the bike ;)

where in nova are you?

#7 ·
Welcome. Post pictures when you can.
Take your time before you let her rip.

#10 ·
Enjoy the new bike man! Defiantly get her out to Blue Ridge! I love riding the parkway.

#17 ·
thanks for the warm welcome. i live in woodbridge not to far from patomic mills. im buying the bike from my brother in law for $5300. he lives in new mexico and we went down to visit him and i fell in love with the bike. the wife said "ok" so its a done deal. he also offered to pay to have it shipped up here which is a huge bonus. as soon as the bike gets off the trailer ill take some pics and post them.

#18 ·
It sounds like you have a decent fox body as well! I'm a huge gear head, I built a 331 stroker from an 89 and put it in a 67 coupe (my first car), Im sure I have pics around here somewhere lol Anyways, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! :cheers

#20 ·
Yeah its 4am here. Looking forward to the pics, how much power in the stang?

#21 ·
just a brief overview its got 300hp at the wheels. i converted it from an auto to a 5 speed. its got a full aeromotive fuel system, all msd ignition components, edelbrock heads intake TB waterpump. street/strip suspension. the motor was built for some sort of forced induction but i havent goten there let lol. full custom audio set up with ppi amps n jl speakers. i did all the work myself except the paint n some of the audio work. the photos i have are to large to put in as an attachment, tomarrow ill get on photobucket n try n figure out how to post pics that way

#22 ·
You'll have no problem on the R6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.