Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Frame Sliders! Mods or No Mods

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Powerstroke87 
#1 ·
In the market for some sliders. Kind of dont want to cut the fairing but want strong protection what would you recomend?

#4 ·
i took a bad spill trying to wheelie the bike and ill say that unless you're not planning to take a hard fall you should get some cuts. the no cut sliders aren't so great because if you take a hard spill on the side with the extension plate it would snap and that whole side is screwed. i got the yoyodyne and you only need to cut the left side. the cut you need is pretty small and it looks flush with the sliders (the sliders are awesome by the way).

#5 ·
have went down twice with no-cuts on and they did their job. Theres always a huge argument but it comes down to personal choice.. i chose no-cuts because if i do go down extremely hard i don't want to bend the bolt thats in the engine mount. Usually the arguments that are put against the no-cuts don't have a very good physics backing.. so just choose which you like. If you don't wanna cut, don't... if you don't mind it, do.

#6 ·
I have the Shogun no-cut sliders and I haven't had problems with them, although I haven't gone down with them. I do see the argument for staing away from the no-cut sliders because if you spill hard enough the slider bracket could snap and the slider could cause damage the engine. I plan to eventually get the cut sliders and make the nessessary modifications to the fairings because I don't think the no-cuts will hold up.

#9 ·
Honestly it all depends on the crash. Sometimes no cut sliders will be fine and other times it won't. I personally went with Woodcraft cut sliders, only had to cut one side of the fairing since the other side fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.