Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Just got my first sport bike.

952 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  05r6_raven 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Wanted to drop in and say hi. I just got my first sport bike ever. A 2006 R6. Seems like a really nice bike. So far I've only ridden it twice but love find it pretty exciting so far. The steering is really weird though, I never realized how you lean to turn a sport bike rather than using the actual steering. Takes some getting used to for sure.

I've ridden moto x and dirt bikes in general for about 15 years and played with dual sports on the road but this is my first real street machine.

Here's a pic of the bike.

Later
Malcolm

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice choice for a first sportbike...but I am of course biased. Have fun, you'll love it. I remember learning to steer too. It's harder when you think about it and easier when you just do it.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Nice bike! I love the 2006 blue. :D

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm still working on the cornering thing but so far having a blast. I wound it up to around 12k rpms yesterday in 1st and 2nd and in both gears around 10k rpms it felt like the front wheel was going to come up, the suspension pulled back anyhow but the wheel stayed down :) exciting stuff. I'm quite enjoying the new bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.