Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Aftermarket K5 Gixxer exhaust on an 03 R6

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BaileyMotorSports 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Looking to ditch my M4 CF highmount in favour of a GP-style slipon for my '03. The Racefit is a ripoff, and I don't want the problems involved with mounting up a stock can from a 06 R6 or Gixxer - the R6 can sticks out too much, and there's no baffling in the other.

I'm looking at the M4 GP slipon for the K6 Gixxer 1000, as opposed to the one for the 06 R6. It looks like a simple job, I can probably get away with just clamping it on with no bolt mounts, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows our exhaust diameter at the slipon point. I've seen the new Scorpion Street Extreme for the Gixxer 1000 mounted up on the 06 R6, and it looks great, but is the pipe on the 03-05 R6 the same as the 06 R6?

#2 ·
klutch_r said:
Hey guys

Looking to ditch my M4 CF highmount in favour of a GP-style slipon for my '03. The Racefit is a ripoff, and I don't want the problems involved with mounting up a stock can from a 06 R6 or Gixxer - the R6 can sticks out too much, and there's no baffling in the other.

I'm looking at the M4 GP slipon for the K6 Gixxer 1000, as opposed to the one for the 06 R6. It looks like a simple job, I can probably get away with just clamping it on with no bolt mounts, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows our exhaust diameter at the slipon point. I've seen the new Scorpion Street Extreme for the Gixxer 1000 mounted up on the 06 R6, and it looks great, but is the pipe on the 03-05 R6 the same as the 06 R6?
No idea. But if you get it done, be sure to post pics here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.