Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My NotSoSuper6 Build

27K views 219 replies 37 participants last post by  babymilo36 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I've been hanging around here long enough that I'd start my own thread. That and my first TD is coming so I think this is a good way to see progress :D
For those who don't know me, the names Will (Wilfredo). I'm proud to say,this bike has essentially become a forum whore. About 98% of all the mods done to it have been purchased through vendors and other members here on the forum (including most of my gear).

Cliffs for backstory (I'll add a more in depth later):
-Always wanted a bike since H.S.
-Ridden a few times here and there, never my own bike.
-Wanted R1, but figured too much bike for first time owning.
-Got some cash last year, found this 2009 Raven.
-I buy for my B-day
-I ride

Only mods on the bike when I purchased her were a Yoshimura TRC carbon slip on, K&N air filter,fender eliminator,smoked windscreen,and the bike was lowered about 2-3"

Current Mods(as of 12/12):
-Stock headers + Midpipe(don't know brand, was purchased from infamous_R6)
-K&N Air Filter
-Yoshimura TRC Carbon Slip on
-PCV + Autotune
-BAUCERACING ECU flash/Tune
-Agg Smog Block Offs
-Woodcraft case covers
-Shermoto Levers
-FT type 3 brake lines (Agg)
-EBC HH Pads
-Vortex adjustable rearsets (BAUCE)
-BT s20's
-Hot Bodies smoked Flush mounts
-Motodynamic smoked tailight
-4300k HID mini H1 projectors with dual white angel eyes (BK moto)
-Agg SBK reservoir
-WC spool sliders
-WC frame sliders
-Puig DB dark smoke
-Vortex V3 gas cap (BAUCE)
-Stahlbus Oil drain Valve
-Stomp Grip
-Speed Bleeder

Pics!!!

How I got her

As she sits as of a few weeks ago.

See less See more
#108 · (Edited)
Track Day #2: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Over all, day was a success!! Took the day off today and camped out at the paddock last night. Made the trip solo so it took FOREVER!!! Chuckwalla is definitely out in the middle of nowhere. No lights, no people, nada! I honestly hope to never break down out there.

As for the trackday, the new rearsets are AWESOME!!!!!! Gracias BAUCE. The grip on the pegs is crazy. It is almost as if your boot is glued on. Today was a day of learning for me. Got my suspension tuned, so it was like riding a new bike each session. I'd come in tell him how it felt, he'd tweak, I'd go back out. Never really thought that suspension could feel so different until today.

Chuckwalla is a strange track. I feel like I've been working out all day! It is a lot of track. 2.68 miles and 17 turns. Starting from turn 4-5, Double apex left then sweep right(6-7), pin it for 6 sec, quick flick right then flick back to an off camber turn just to flick into a right handed sweeper(8-10). Pin it again uphill into a small right hander over the crest to be surprised by the blind left hander passing the crest(11-12), pin it again into an 11 degree banked right hander (T13...that was nice).......It just never stopped!! I'd so do it again though:lmao

Towards the end of the day it went south as I began getting a headache, feeling nauseous, and felt like I wanted to puke(to add to that, i lost a tank fairing on track:nono). I'm assuming Heat exhaustion. It's weird though since I had at least a gallon of water , a sammich, an apple, cereal from breakfast and a granola bar in my system. I'm assuming I needed a little more than plain water. Next time...pedialyte. I took one session off one I started feeling like crap. That gave me more than an hr to relax. Went back out, and 3 laps into chasing a guy and passing him, I felt dizzy again. I finished the lap, pulled into the pits and called it a day. After being about 75% done packing up......:throwup. Felt somewhat better. Still had a headache but I made it home to tell the tale :toocool:

On to PICS!!!!

Packed up and ready to go.

Sunrise at Chuckwalla

Random pic

1st session sighting laps in traffic

Now the rest of the day, picking it up a tad

Stupid Tank fairing

Edit: Added these

More pics...

End of the day......warning.....:throwup

And sunset at chuckwalla!

EPIC DAY!!

Please excuse any typos and/or grammatical errors, I'm beat

#111 ·
Good on you for getting off the track when you weren't feeling well. No need to push it out there and end up wrecked and hurt... Tank fairing made me :laugh too... Idk how many of those fcukin things I've bought, until I started velcroing those fcukers on!

#114 ·
DAYUM!!!! only 2 TD's in and you're lookin like a pro!!! Keep your BP like that and you won't touch a knee till you're REALLY hauling ass. No suggestions for you other than more seat time and point the outside toe down to lock the outside leg into the tank as much as possible.

Way to go bro!!!! :yea :pimp :toocool:

See how cocked your wrist is on the right handers and the left handers feel easier? That's the problem with stock clip ons. You remove headlights, go aftermarket on clipons, and you can push them forward to lessen that angle on your wrist which keeps you from getting off the bike. Your BP is SO good on the lefts. The only explanation I can find is you may feel uncomfortable on the right handers and that wrist angle is probably the reason.

#115 ·
Gracias Ant!:cheers

I saw some dudes really hanging off and dragging knee. As much as I desired to feel a scrape down there and crap my pants a tad, I felt that hanging off THAT much wasn't necessary. I was keeping up with these and even passing these guys. Your flash is :boob btw. I was chasing this guy on a CBR 1000 and whenever I'd get a good run off a corner and WOT, I'd just leave him behind like nothing. Bike sounds/feels like an angry panda:flex: Only options I can think of are 1. I'm pretty good for a beginner, 2. Your flash is :pimp 3.Combo of 1 & 2 or 4. They're really slow. Either way.......:toocool:

Hmm, I never really thought about that but the lefts do feel a lot more comfortable. Never thought that the clipons would be the cause. Guess I'm going to have to buy track plastics and clip ons from you :sing. In the meantime, would you suggest possibly holding on to the throttle more on the outside of the grip to decrease that angle? Something like 2 fingers on the tube? I was going to say "like just fingering the tube" but that just leads to TWSS jokes:lmao. Is that normal though? I would think that the wrist angle would be the same on both sides. Maybe I need to practice BP on the rights?

#119 ·

:cheers

You don't need to be off the bike anymore on those lefts. That shit is just fine. Keep working on getting comfortable like that so next time you leave your neighborhood your chest is down for like 10 minutes before you realize it!! :laugh

The angle is the same, but on the lefts, it's WAY easier to modulate the throttle vs. rights. With clipons, most people generally make em stick out more than the OEM ones do. This allows you to move your whole upper body to the right more as well as the better angle makes it possible to modulate much better. Don't change your grip on the throttle to two fingers. You're comfortable how it is now.

It's a huge difference. People I've coached have aftermarket clipons but don't have em out enough or forward enough. You'd benefit it without race bodywork and the headlight there still.

I do it on OEM clipons OK, but it's a noticeable cramp. It's all about feeling at home and comfortable on the bike.

Your left turn BP is VERY good. You keep it like that and you'll barley drag knee unless you're haulin serious ass which is GOOD! I've been behind dude dragging knee for miles before mine ever touched cause my BP was much better and reduces lean angle/allows max speed for said lean angle.

:fact :fact :pimp
I think I'm hanging off enough on the rights too.

Can't say I'm happy about not dragging knee, I mean, who doesn't want to drag knee?! But coming from you....I can't wait till it happens cuz I'll be hauling!! Hopefully chasing your ass if I make it to a TD in JerZ someday:toocool:

Dammit! I guess you'll be hearing from me soon about clip ons :lmao :nono

I just hope I'm as good during my first couple of trackdays next year.........lol. And yea about aftermarket clip ons, I heard it's way easier to get that relaxed "screwdriver grip" with the clip ons more forward instead of the stock clip ons which are angled inward too much like Ant has said.
That first day is gonna be EPIC!!!!! Just try and stay relaxed, Its overwhelming...at least for me it felt that way...still is :/

#118 ·
I just hope I'm as good during my first couple of trackdays next year.........lol. And yea about aftermarket clip ons, I heard it's way easier to get that relaxed "screwdriver grip" with the clip ons more forward instead of the stock clip ons which are angled inward too much like Ant has said.

#120 ·
Damn that's an awesome picture!^. Yea, I hope my first day will be with Mr. Corbo and some other forum members.

#124 ·
:cheers Having fun out there is an understatement. I'm def hooked. I need to grow a pair before I start pushing it :lmao BTW, hope you're having a good trip!

sick pic and that track looks hellafun.
looking killer out there man, i need to sort my body position out like that.
Thanks guys :cheers It's really encouraging to hear I'm progressing decently. Definitely feeds the addiction. I need to go out again and continue to learn. CVR is def a fun track but its tiring as hell! My thighs are still sore. Wish it had longer straights:D

#125 ·
I finally got a chance to fix my tank fairing over the weekend. Even though it flew off on the track, no one ran over it:toocool: One thing broken was the round tab for the screw that attaches to the tank.

I have a set of plastifix so I put it to good use. I guess this is a small/quick how to...

First step was putting the mold bar in hot water for a while until it gets really soft.

Then mold it onto the good tab and let it get hard again (TWSS)

Take mold and align it over the broken tab. I used gaffers tape to hold it in place.

Fill applicator bottle with toxic solution...

I don't know what to call this but, Fill this other little bottle they give you with the powder.

Put a drop or two of the solution into the powder and use the needle to pick it up. You just have to poke it while it's still moist and it will stick to the needle.

You start applying the powder/solution ball you picked up to the broken tab and apply a little more solution to get it to form into the mold.

Keep going until you fill in the mold and achieve the desired thickness. Obviously i didn't make mine even.

I let it dry overnight before removing the mold. I also didn't sand it or make it pretty. It's going under the seat so...meh. Doesn't look pretty but its forms a pretty solid plastic and holds well once i screwed it back on

That is all

OH!! Got some goodies!

Updated Mods:
-Shermoto Levers
-Removed Muffler/honeycombs Added y-pipe (don't know brand, was purchased from infamous_R6)
-PCV + Autotune
-Agg Smog Block Offs
-Agg SBK reservoir
-WC case covers
-WC spool sliders
-WC frame sliders
-Puig DB dark smoke
-BT s20's (prob be using for track days)
-EBC HH Pads

#127 ·
I see that pic and your right hand BP is excellent in that pic. The others maybe you were transitioning from right to left or starting your transition. Regardless, keep killin out there bro.

Track addict FTW!!

How boring is the street now?

I finally got a chance to fix my tank fairing over the weekend. Even though it flew off on the track, no one ran over it:toocool: One thing broken was the round tab for the screw that attaches to the tank.

I have a set of plastifix so I put it to good use. I guess this is a small/quick how to...

First step was putting the mold bar in hot water for a while until it gets really soft.

Then mold it onto the good tab and let it get hard again (TWSS)

Take mold and align it over the broken tab. I used gaffers tape to hold it in place.

Fill applicator bottle with toxic solution...

I don't know what to call this but, Fill this other little bottle they give you with the powder.

Put a drop or two of the solution into the powder and use the needle to pick it up. You just have to poke it while it's still moist and it will stick to the needle.

You start applying the powder/solution ball you picked up to the broken tab and apply a little more solution to get it to form into the mold.

Keep going until you fill in the mold and achieve the desired thickness. Obviously i didn't make mine even.

I let it dry overnight before removing the mold. I also didn't sand it or make it pretty. It's going under the seat so...meh. Doesn't look pretty but its forms a pretty solid plastic and holds well once i screwed it back on

That is all

OH!! Got some goodies!

Updated Mods:
-Shermoto Levers
-Removed Muffler/honeycombs Added y-pipe (don't know brand, was purchased from infamous_R6)
-PCV + Autotune
-Agg Smog Block Offs
-Agg SBK reservoir
-WC case covers
-WC spool sliders
-WC frame sliders
-Puig DB dark smoke
-BT s20's (prob be using for track days)
-EBC HH Pads
Sorcery!!!

Might still want to velcro it to be safe. Good work tho!
I forget how he did it, but Carlos has his safety wired on somehow. I'm so sick of these things flying off. Last forum ride we did, mine flew off and under the rear tire mid turn at an unmentionable speed. LOL

#129 ·
I see that pic and your right hand BP is excellent in that pic. The others maybe you were transitioning from right to left or starting your transition. Regardless, keep killin out there bro.

Track addict FTW!!

How boring is the street now?

Sorcery!!!

I forget how he did it, but Carlos has his safety wired on somehow. I'm so sick of these things flying off. Last forum ride we did, mine flew off and under the rear tire mid turn at an unmentionable speed. LOL
Street is definitely boring now. If only I had the money for track Fairings. I'm thinking of selling all my street stuff but I may keep her as double duty. It still nice to go on a sunday ride up the coast.

You need to come out with Adam!!!! Bet you'll def be ripping CVR a new one. I promise I won't :throwup again :D

I may have to add velcro or learn to safety wire. Its def not a good feeling when you feel something smacking your leg doing +100 on the front straight getting ready for turn 1 and realize your bike is falling apart:lmao

And no sorcery here, there's another MAN SHIT decal in there and the track fairings will be all BAUCED out:toocool:

That's a lie...It'll have shermo/agg/njg etc. decals on there :lmao

Patch is going on the ass cheek though:fact

#128 ·
I've never had mine come off and i even have a broken tab...Hrmm

#135 ·
Cuz I'm that damn good?!:flex::lmao

Your bike is beautiful. I would be scared to take that to the track!

I see you have a go pro. Do you have any videos of your bike online?

I was a bit nervous the first time out but after that day I've decided that if/when I dump it, I'm going track only and picking up a 250 for commuting :fact

I do have go pro footage but I'm slow as molasses. That makes for pretty boring video so its not online. I'm just using it as a reference to see my lines/BP and improve. Once i get fast enough I'll try and put something together that will hopefully entertain.

You should NEVER be scared to take it to the track!:fact

Keep killin it brutha! You guys should really make a trip out and race! It's such a blast! :fact

I need monies :( not to mention a race license :laugh

#134 ·
You should NEVER be scared to take it to the track!:fact

Keep killin it brutha! You guys should really make a trip out and race! It's such a blast! :fact

#138 ·
Slow day at work and I never posted daytime pics of the vortex gas cap/rearsets so here they are. Also took some pics of the bike since this may very well be some of the last pics she'll have in her street clothes :secret

#139 ·
That is easily one of my favorite bikes/color schemes for The R6 ever! So sick bro! How do you like those rearsets? I've got a set waiting for me when I get home, can't wait To open and install them! I Love The Vortex gas cap I scored from Anthony! Such a well made piece! Great lookin bike though brutha!

#140 ·
Rearsets are night and day bro! All the way up and back makes it MUCH easier to lock onto the tank. The pegs have some serious grip to them. They can probably draw blood if you try to lift the rear from the pegs. Easily the second best upgrade so far (1st being the BAUCE flash:fact)

#144 ·
A new era for my 6 has just begun. I picked up these factory bodyworks fairings from Shawn last night. I was iffy about it simply because i could've saved a little more and gotten new ones but for less than the price of new ETI tank sliders, the man made me an offer I couldn't really resist :cheers. They're in pretty good shape considering Shawn is a crasher :lmao. Nothing a little bondo wont fix. It is TONS cheaper than destroying my street fairings/headlights. I can feel it now that these will most likely lead the way to selling all my street stuff and picking up some Armour bodies and going track only....MAN SHIT!

Now to think of what I want to do with paint...

#147 ·
so.....I crashed the bike this weekend:nono

1st time going down and it definately was no fun. I got bored on Monday and decided to take a ride up to the snake. Front tire washed out doing about 40mph on one of the turns and slammed me down to the ground:mad: I'm not sure if it was gravel or what, but after replaying the events leading up to the crash, I think the tires were still cold as it was my first run of the day and I got a little cocky :laugh

I'm ok, no damage done to me other than my hip is bruised and was a bit swollen from the impact. Gear is in good condition, just has a little character to it now :flex: Helmet didn't hit the ground either so I'm REAL happy about that.

The bike is also fine, damage was all cosmetic. I still did a few runs through the snake and rode home. WC Frame sliders, case covers and spool sliders did their job.

I was out of town most of January and have not had time to work on the track fairings I purchased, but I am almost done sanding them bishes down and getting ready to start repairing some of the cracks on the bodywork. Guess I'll be repairing my street fairings as well. The Mexican in me is excited to do some backyard body work :lmao:toocool:

On to pics...
The dudes from highwayphotos.net got a pic of me on the way up to the snake:flex:...need to buy :D

Damage is not that bad at all.

Shermoto folding levers FTMFW:fact

Spool Slider completely gone

I'm bummed about the bike but I'm glad there was no one really out that day (car wise). I still have to take off the fairings and look over the whole bike to see if anything else was damaged but for a street crash, I think I'm pretty lucky and the damage done is minimal. I'm thinking of going track only, maybe keep my street fairings for the occasional commute/sunday ride. That is all :cheers

#149 ·
si....well 1/2 lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

#152 ·
Glad you are alright bro! Hope the damage was nothing more than pictured.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.