Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

December ROTM Submission Thread

13K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  TheJokester3 
#1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

ROTM is sponsored by BullsEyeVinyl.com

Winner will recieve two R6-Forum.com ROTM decals showing the month and year that they won.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This is my brand new 2012 R6 I picked up two weeks ago. It now has a whopping four miles on the odo. I'm 44 and my two previous bikes were a 2003 R1 and a 2000 R1. Both R1's were bought new, blue and I modded them too, err. Had a new FZR600 back in 1998 and a 1990 250 Ninja way back in late 1989 and a street legal enduro before that. Also some dirt bikes here and there. I have been riding street bikes since 1984 and dirt bikes about 4 years longer than that.

Here is what I have done so far...... Yes I know the pics suck.

I'm actually 'not' looking to win BOTM, as my bike is not a track bike LOL. A couple of votes would be cool.

Goodridge stainless brake lines, front & rear.
Silver swingarm spools.
Yoshi oil plug.
Blind spot mirrors
Garage door opener equipped.
Tank pad.
Yamaha factory blue seat cowl.
Rear upper tail fairing tail piece (blue), to replace black stock color.
Intergrated 'clear' LED tails/turn signals.
Targa LED strip lic plate light.
Flush mounts 'clear'.
Silver aluminium bar ends.
Adjustable, lever length, LOP and folding clutch and brake levers.
RK gold 525 chain.
Black/silver Vortex rear sprocket (stock gearing).
Polished aluminum reservoir caps.
Blue aluminium rear sprocket nuts.
Vortex adjustable rearsets (silver).
Chainguard, passenger pegs, hugger and reflectors removed.
Made my own fender eliminator kit for a couple bucks.
Red GPR damper.
Brushed Jardine slip on, for now.
More mods in the Spring.

Attachments

#4 ·
:popcorn:

Still haven't gotten my ROTM decals... He said he was sending them...

Anywho, best of luck to those entering this month!

:cheers

#5 ·
Beauty Chad! Thanks for entering! Really Adam? I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately I have no authority and can't really help you to get your decals :(

#8 ·
Year: 2007

Make: R6

Engine Performance Mods: K&N Air Filter, EngineIce, MJS weld on mid-pipe attached to MGP Growler slip-on, AGG Block Offs and a Bauce Racing flashed ECU

Chassis/Controls Mods: Marchesini Wheels, Michelin Power Pures, ASV gold levers, upgraded front brake lines, RK 520 chain / Vortex Sprocket -1/+2, Custom black and gold Bohemian rearsets (yes I know the gold doesn't match)

Accessories: Custom paint by me (QR6), Awesome CF rear hugger, homemade fender eliminator, shaved factory mirrors, Driven Gel Grips, bar-end mirrors, Krypton Projectors/Halos/HID’s, BullsEye Vinyl, frame sliders, rear seat cowl, painted factory fuel cap black, blacked-out factory rear-sets, Smoked front flush mount indicators, Smoked rear integrated taillight, Smoked windscreen, Tank protector, carbon fiber triple-tree yoke cover, clear/black Stomp Grip

Why should I be named ROTM? I purchased this 2007 R6 Charcoal (6700mi) April 2, 2012. I've never worked on a bike before and I did 100% of the work on this bike myself and that is why I'm proud to enter ROTM. Regardless if I win or not, I just like to get exposure for my bike because I'm extremely proud of my accomplishment! I think I've done enough to go toe to toe with some track bikes this month. Bring 'em on!!! :flex:

#10 ·
Q back again. Fifth times a charm right? :lmao

I vote for you almost......:sing every time you enter, love what you've done with the bike man!! :cheers

#17 · (Edited)
Here goes nothing.... Hopefully, third time is a charm...

Year: 2008
Model: R6
Engine Performance Mods:Leo Vince Carbon Fiber Factory R Full Exhaust, BMC Race air filter, ECU Mapped

Chassis/Controls Mods: Galfer Rotors front/back, PSR Gp Levers, Goodridge brake lines front/back, Vortex sprocket, RK 520 chain conversion.

Accessories:Leo Vince Carbon Fiber Engine Covers, 11 speaker system for cruising the streets, powered by bluetooth and 300 watt amp, all removable if needed with a quick disconnect kit, Audi style driving lights, Rizoma mirrors, Rizoma grips, R&G Frame sliders, PSR front/rear axle sliders (not installed yet), WCH quick release gas cap, WCH fork adjusters, Integrated Brake/Turn signals on pegs, Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit... Painted House of Kolors, Candy Tangerine Orange, with Skulls and Carbon Fiber.

Had to add a fifth picture, a close up of the graphics. Can't really tell with the other pictures...
PS, Bike was professionally photographed when I entered the IMS Show in San Mateo, CA. last month.

More pics of the bike can be found here-->> www.facebook.com/wchydrographix

Toughest crowd to please is this crowd. Would mean alot to win here than any other place.

Attachments

#19 ·
Here goes nothing.... Hopefully, third time is a charm...

Year: 2008
Model: R6
Engine Performance Mods:Leo Vince Carbon Fiber Factory R Full Exhaust, BMC Race air filter, ECU Mapped

Chassis/Controls Mods: Galfer Rotors front/back, PSR Gp Levers, Goodridge brake lines front/back, Vortex sprocket, RK 520 chain conversion.

Accessories:Leo Vince Carbon Fiber Engine Covers, 11 speaker system for cruising the streets, powered by bluetooth and 300 watt amp, all removable if needed with a quick disconnect kit, Audi style driving lights, Rizoma mirrors, Rizoma grips, R&G Frame sliders, PSR front/rear axle sliders (not installed yet), WCH quick release gas cap, WCH fork adjusters, Integrated Brake/Turn signals on pegs, Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit... Painted House of Kolors, Candy Tangerine Orange, with Skulls and Carbon Fiber.

Had to add a fifth picture, a close up of the graphics. Can't really tell with the other pictures...
PS, Bike was professionally photographed when I entered the IMS Show in San Mateo, CA. last month.

Toughest crowd to please is this crowd. Would mean alot to win here than any other place.

Why u no show pics of all the awards it's already won?

Thats what makes it more unique imo, awards already won, but still looking to get the BOTM in the r6-forum

Good work all around ('cept the ghetto speakers)

#18 ·
Thanks for entering Imagyn! Looks like you've definitely put a lot of time thought and money into that ride, and it's looking pretty sweet. While a lot of people here are into racing and beating their bikes, I love a good show bike every now and then... How were the graphics laid down? airbrush under the candy clear? Vinyl under? Hydro dip?

#20 ·
Thanks for entering Imagyn! Looks like you've definitely put a lot of time thought and money into that ride, and it's looking pretty sweet. While a lot of people here are into racing and beating their bikes, I love a good show bike every now and then... How were the graphics laid down? airbrush under the candy clear? Vinyl under? Hydro dip?
Hydrodip graphics. I know that bike was featured on the Leo Vince FB page recently.

#21 ·
Good work all around ('cept the ghetto speakers)
Lol... I almost didn't see that.. Hahahaha, Good one!!! Its our demo bike, showing what we can do. Buddy of mine came up with an idea of putting a sound system on it. And so we built one for it.. I get a lot of crap for it with the hardcore racers...

Let me go dig up the pics of the awards we received and add it....

#23 ·
#29 ·
I will put my bike up again. One last time... Not against Quintin's though, and I think it will be the 02 after this winter's rebuild. Or I submit em both after rebuild and repaint. Good luck to all entries and everyone outta know who is truly responsible for ROTM not dying out. And thanks to Kevin for keeping it going. RIP Matt. MAD LOVE BRO!

My pics will be something like this tho. So hold on to your titties and maybe I can win one of these someday!

#30 ·
Matt was a good guy and friend, it is the least I can do. Can't wait for your entrance.whenever that may be. :laugh :cheers

#32 · (Edited)
I’ll put my bike in.

2008 YZF-R6

Engine has a Superstock build from Hanshaw Racing Engines and a Graves exhaust. Tuned by Rick’s Custom Cycle.

Chassis/Controls. The bike has a Ohlins 25mm cartridge kit and a TTX shock. Running Spiegler Rennsport lines, Carbone Lorraine C59 pads and a Pitbull damper.

Accessories. Woodcraft case covers. Vortex sprockets, rearsets and RK chain. YEC ECU and harness. Home made Texalium bodywork and tank cover/slider.

#33 ·
I’ll put my bike in.

2008 YZF-R6

Engine has a Superstock build from Hanshaw Racing Engines and a Graves exhaust. Tuned by Rick’s Custom Cycle.

Chassis/Controls. The bike has a Ohlins 25mm cartage kit and a TTX shock. Running Spiegler Rennsport lines, CL C59 pads and a Pitbull damper.

Accessories. Woodcraft case covers. Vortex sprockets, rearsets and RK chain. YEC ECU and harness. Home made Texalium bodywork and tank cover/slider.

This bike is sick. Between that engine and awesome home made bodywork. Gonna be tough to sway my vote. That was out of left field. Maybe this would be a good month for Chief to hop in with his 08.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.