Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

temp/ fan

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mcurcio1989 
#1 ·
bike is a 00 r6. It seems like the fan on the radiator never goes on. i rode on the highway for 20 min doing 70 then went and sat at a gas station after driving slow for a half mile. After i turned the bike back on the temp was reading 196 then went down to 186 then drive out and had to stop at a light the temp just kept going up all the way to 206 then the traffic light changed and once i started moving it went back is this a problem? at what temp should the fan engage because i have never seen it go. . by seen i mean if i am stopped idling and the temp is high i can look down and see that its not spinning. It just seems like that is to hot for it to get up to and i would like to know if i should look into that.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. I guess that definately answers my question. I was just a little concerned since its not even that warm out yet and the last thing i would want is an overheating issue. . .well thats not the last but it would suck. I have never seen the temp even get past 194 before yesterday so i was a little concerned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.