Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My 2004 r6! Her names Brooke :)

12K views 57 replies 19 participants last post by  ChanceSigler 
#1 · (Edited)
The old look of my 2004 r6, I am currently in the process of changing it, quite a bit actually. Seeing as I wrecked it a few months ago, I figured its time to make it look nice :) . This is basically a copy and paste from my post in the Show off your bike here thread, so If you have alread seen this sorrrreh

BEFORE:

Heres a little video I filmed to kind of show what damages I have, its a wierd camera view, I filmed on my iphone haha

FINALLY! Got my bike back in order for the most part, as in the biggest issue has been fixed haha. Here are a few pictures of my improved bike!

AFTER:

RIM TAPE! It looks good from average range, but if you look really closely you can tell I wasn't perfect. You can't really be perfect with rim tape though so Im satisfied. If any one looks that closely at my rims anyway, they deserve a boot in the ass haha

Got mirror block offs, Fancy schmancy Yamaha logo ones!

Finally got the mirrors installed:

Folded:

I'm slowly adding more, and taking on larger more tedious modifications as I go haha

See less See more
1 15
#4 ·
yea this is Brooke...you understand

#20 ·
Oh Nooo I have to cut the fairings!? Hmm maybe I can modify em a little bit... Ill have to look at em and figure somethin out. But she is indeed damn sexy! It is an honor to have uknowinely named my bike after her haha. Even though you's guys won't let me use that name around these parts :p

#25 ·
Oh Nooo I have to cut the fairings!? Hmm maybe I can modify em a little bit... Ill have to look at em and figure somethin out. But she is indeed damn sexy! It is an honor to have uknowinely named my bike after her haha. Even though you's guys won't let me use that name around these parts :p
You intend to modify the frame sliders? That is the worst idea I've EVER heard with regards to frame sliders-- You're better off not running them at all than Jimmy-rigging them so they snap off, just so you don't have to cut the fairings that are gonna get royally fcked up when you lay it down and that "modified" frame slider breaks off.

Cut the fairings, take your time, make it look good. Don't half-ass it.

#22 ·
Track time!

#23 ·
I plan on hitting up Mid-Ohio some time this summer when I get back! I need to get me a full Suit though, I dunno how much they charge to rent one. Also I hope they don't mind my battery tray being ziptied on one side.... It broke and I haven't had the time to replace.... haha

#37 ·
I don't know the brand of those either, they are pig ear style mirrors though, with led turn signals in them. kind of liked them because they were low profile, but they were ugly at the same time haha. I think I might get some Bar end mirrors sometime

#49 ·
So I have another question that maybe ya'll's can help me with. I was searching around and it seems I need to get an adapter, but im not sure what exactly I need. I am trying to put on these bar end mirrors I got off of eBay as temporary mirrors, and I cant quite figure out how in the hell I am supposed to install em. Heres a picture of what I'm working with,

I couldn't quite figure out how they stay in the bar, as when I removed my bar ends they were threaded and these don't have threads. So I removed that part and tried this,

It seemed like it was going to work and all was well until I screwed the bar end so far and the throttle started sticking to it. I'm kind of confused, and seeing as the mirrors are from ebay, There aren't any damn directions, and I can't just ask them haha. Any ideas? am I missing something blatantly obvious here?

#50 ·
That's how I put the bar end mirror on my bike when I had them on. I only used it on the clutch side though. You can try putting a washer on the throttle side to try to keep it from sticking which is obviously dangerous.

If you don't want to go that route, I think some companies make adapters that will make bar end mirrors work without having to put it in between the bar ends and grips.

#51 · (Edited)
I tried to look around online for a set of adapted Bar ends, but the only ones I could find were made for newer bars, I couldn't find any with the giant threaded ends haha.
Soo I took matters into my own hands and decided to grind the hell out of my old bar ends. Heres the finished product!

Folded

And heres what I did to the bar ends, lots of grinding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.