Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

R-silaxin's Trackday thread

32K views 362 replies 58 participants last post by  R-Silaxin 
#1 ·
Well, it's official! I'm headed to the track this weekend! This thread will host all my trackdays and have plenty of pictures and videos from all the trackdays and races that I will be doing for the un-forseen future!

This weekend looks like a two day track weekend, which may also include an endurance race... We'll see, a few teams need riders... Idk if I'll be up to it after two almost full days on the track, and then try and participate in an endurance race...

Wish me luck this weekend! Any advice is appreciated, and a list of what to bring would be great! Taking a camera and two GoPro's so I should get plenty of great footage!

:cheers

#6 ·
No race license yet... But this endurance race is a little different... I may end up on a team racing a Ninja 250... Just for shits and gigs... We'll see what happens...

I'll prob just grab some popcorn and enjoy that race after my TD's...

Really siked about getting out there... Just going to soak up as much as I can and learn as much as possible... Doubt I'll be goin nuts just yet... Just going to get my feet wet, and start learning my local track.

At just over an hour away, I'll be going to this track quite regularly! Wish me luck7

#8 ·
That's exactly what I'll be doing! :fact

Headed out there with two racer/coaches. They seem cool as shit and I plan to soak up as much as possible from these guys! I'm going to the track a blank slate as it were, and asking tons of questions about what I'm doing right, and wrong. Using what I've learned each session and just growing and developing my skills as a rider. These guys I'm going with are great guys, and know it's my first TD but that I'm bringing some descent skills. Nothing close to any of these guys, but a cornerstone to build off of.

SO SIKED! :party :jump

#10 ·
^This. :fact

:nocontrol:

#13 ·
I definitely will man! Been on the sidelines too long watching, siked to finally get out there myself! Working that much I hope you're stashing a little cash pot, for when you can start hitting the track!

Chris, pics and videos will be up after this weekend brutha! Be patient...

:laugh

#16 ·
:bowroll:

i have seen that when watching the expert group run :lmao
Roy is making cuts now. I know of at least 1 less rider I have to worry about out there now. Too bad we had to have a collision to get to this point, but this weekend was pretty awesome. I was elbow to elbow with many riders and everyone was very consistent and fast!

#21 ·
Yeah I'm siked to get out there... Like I said, I'll prob just sit back and enjoy the race after my time on the track... Have a couple beers and enjoy relaxing... In this weather I'm sure I'll be spent!

#22 ·
In for pics :cheers

#23 ·
Pics will be up as soon as I start loading the bikes and such... still trying to get everything together and not forget anything I will NEED. Anyone have a list of what I need to bring to the track, some sort of check off so I don't forget anything important... Taking a bin of spare parts, fluids, tools, etc... Then for myself... helmets, gloves, suit, boots, and back protector... Plenty of Under Armour and a couple changes of clothes... Tent and chairs...Cooler with a case of water, and some sammich stuff... What do you guys bring when camping at the track? Help a brutha out!

#24 ·
WOOOOO TRACKDAY!!!!!! :YEA

Since we have our truck we pretty much bring EVERYTHING! :laugh

Here is our list...copied this from a Word Doc so sorry for the funny format. :cheers

TRACKDAY CHECKLIST

TOOLS
 Bike stands & allen key
 Torque wrench/breaker
 Socket set
 Tool box
 Safety wire
 Chain tool
 Pressure gauge
 Air compressor
 Funnel
 Flashlight
 Service manual
 Shop rags
 Microfiber towels
 Ramp
 Tie downs
 Bar harness
 USB Cable

PARTS
 Brake fluid
 Clear hose
 Motor oil
 Folding stool
 Gas can
 Glass cleaner
 Rain-X
 Duct tape
 Painters tape
 Teflon tape
 Heat tape
 Spare clip-ons
 Tire Warmers
 Extension cord

GEAR
 IGNITION KEY
 Leathers
 Boots
 Gloves
 Helmets
 Socks
 Under armor
 Leggings
 Shirt
 Underwear
 Sports bras (2)
 Glasses
 GoPro
 Ear plugs

MISC
 Cooler
 Food & drinks
 Gatorade
 Fruit
 Protein Bars
 Water Jug
 Protein Powder
 Blender Bottle (2)
 Trader Joe’s Cheese Puffs
 Energy drinks
 Hats
 Sunglasses
 Easy-up
 Chairs
 Sunblock
 Hand sanitizer
 Change of clothes
 Shirt
 Shorts/Pants
 Underwear
 Jacket
 Socks
 Deodorant
 Pillow
□ Umbrella
□ Big camera
□ Camera charger
 Laptop
□ Vitamins
□ Ibuprofen
□ Aspirin
□ Phone Chargers (2)
□ MP3 player

#25 · (Edited)
Good list Colleen, might be a little too much, but oh well :laugh Saved!

Edit: Minus the sports bra.........bahahaha, I think Tommy, posted a good checklist but I couldn't find it.

#28 ·
Thanks Colleen... Anyone else have any other lists they use? Just looking for diff options to cross compare...

#31 ·
I am a serial over packer. :sing And with the big truck...:sing

And I should say, that is our two day trackday list...we do downsize a little if we are only going for one say. :cheers

BUT when I track my Miata all we can bring are two helmets and a backpack. :laugh

#32 ·
Sounds good, thanks for all the input!

Finishing up my packing tomorrow... Looks like it will come down to the last minute... Hoping I don't forget anything major! Wish me luck!

I wont bother with cell phone pics because they blow, so the next update will be after this weekend... Saturday and Sunday Trackdays... I'm going to be beat! I'm already starting to hydrate... Hope it goes well!

#33 ·
Good luck. Hope you're having a blast.

#34 ·
Well, it was fun... While it lasted... :(

Made it out for one session, came in and noticed the right side Woodcraft engine cover was spraying oil all over my foot, exhaust, and rear wheel... Tightened it up and thought I was good to go... No such luck... Came back in... It was spraying just as bad... So I sat there the rest of the day... Came home last night just bummed the fcuk out... I got a few pictures and videos I'll put up that I did get before my day was done... Enjoy... Hopefully, better luck next time...

Mario puting the first scratch on my bike with a rock... :laugh

Videos up in a few...

#37 ·
Yeah... It does... But shit happens man... Course it had to be oil I was leaking... :nono

My first session out my back tire tried to slide, if I remember correctly it was after the bus stop, entering the S's... Then I find out I'm spraying oil... :laugh Hmmm, maybe that's what made me slide... Downloading the videos now... They'll be up in a few...

#36 · (Edited)

Brand new suit... :sing

Click it to watch the video... :laugh

It's official!

#59 ·
:laugh A+ work! Guaranteed the oil issue would have put your down if you hadn't made the asphalt sacrifice.

After watching the vids, Chief's advice about practicing downshifting and keeping the revs higher is exactly what I was going to say. Once your speed starts picking up and you start braking later you're going to start having some pants-pooping moments if you're not rev-matching and/or slipping the clutch to smooth out the transition to a lower gear.

#39 ·
Thanks Alex! Bike looks great, just need to work out a few kinks mechanically... :nono

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.