Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

R-silaxin's Track Build Thread

81K views 791 replies 55 participants last post by  R-Silaxin 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, here goes... Started my teardown today... For Sale Thread is up for all street parts...

Here's my parts list I have planned to price and purchase over the next week...

FIRST PURCHASES

1. Bodywork- Armor Bodies ***
2. Windscreen- Hotbodies***
3. Brakelines- Fren Tubos***
4. Case covers/Sliders- Woodcraft ***
5. Tank Sliders- ETI Kevlar sliders ***
6. Tank Grip- Stomp Grip ***
7. Rearsets- Woodcraft sold for Vortex ***
8. Exhaust Slider- Advanced Performance ***
9. Chain- DID ERV race***
10. Battery- MOTY 8 Cell ***
11. Fuel Module- Bazzaz ZFI and AFM ***
12. Shark Fin- Woodcraft ***
13. Damper- Ohlins sold for GPR V4 ***
14. Levers- Shermoto ***
15. Stahlbus Oil Drain Plug- Agg Racing ***
16. SBK Reservior Kit- Agg Racing ***
17. Smog Block Offs- Agg Racing ***
18. Angled Valve Stems- Agg racing ***

Fluids- Oil: Motul 300V 10W40, Coolant: Engine Ice, Brake Fluid: MotulRBF600 ***

SECONDARY PURCHASES

1. Clip ons- Woodcraft ***
2. Grips- Motion Pro Dual Compound ***
3. Throttle- Motion Pro Revolver***
4. Tires- Pirelli Supercorsa SP's***
5. Tire Warmers- Moto D Racing
6. Gear Indicator- Agg Racing***
7. Lap Timer- XT mini ***
8. Tire Pressure Guage- Agg Racing
9. Radiator Guard- Cox Racing ***
10. Suspension- Ohlins

Tertiary/Additional Purchases

1. Stahlbus Speed Bleeders-BAUCE Racing***
2. Geartronic 2 Gear indicator***
3. Too much to remember...

***= PURCHASED

Here's a few pics after I finished tonight... Going to finish the teardown tomorrow morning... Then start pricing around, and start ordering parts!

So siked! Chime in with your opinions/tips... Any advice welcome! This is my first build/track season...

:cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#587 ·
Also did a lil fab job with the Duct tape... A little white trash body work repair...

If you can't duc it, fcuk it... :laugh

You won't even be able to tell... Next set of bodywork is def getting the rattle can business... :fact

Also, PM replied...

#589 ·
I built the paint booth out of PVC, and yeah I've got the guns... Well, let's just say I won't be puting SOOOO much time and effort into the paint job... :laugh

Knew I'd wreck it at some point, yet I spent a TON of time on it...

:nono

Oh well, I'm just glad the bike, and I made it out just fine!

#590 ·
#592 ·
It's conflicting with my clipons/levers... They sit too high with The Ohlins under triple mount. It's sold and shipped though... GPR is more what I want. Small, simple, yet still does The job...

On a side note, I cannot wait To run these at my next trackday!

Product Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Rim

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

I can already tell, I'm going To love these! Dude that mounted them even Said I'd love them at Arroyo, especially over the 2ct's.

Speaking of which, The 2ct's are ready To ship! $150 in the lower 48 for anyone who wants them... Shoot me a PM!

#593 ·
#594 ·
Motorcycle Font Vehicle Logo Graphics
Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Suspension
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Spoke Car
Vehicle Canidae Floor Car Flooring
Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Vehicle
Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Automobile repair shop
Speedometer Auto part Gauge Measuring instrument Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Car
Speedometer Gauge Auto part Measuring instrument Tachometer
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Car

Drink, drank, done for the night so I can go get DRUNK!

#595 ·
Hoping to have the rest by Wednesday...

#596 ·
Got a few things in today... Working on The bike tomorrow...

Ammunition Gun accessory
Auto part Automotive tire Audio equipment Vehicle Rim
Text Font Eye shadow
Technology Electronic device Headset Cable

#597 ·
#601 ·
It's a bracket off The back of The headlight reflective buckets... But if you don't have them, I'm sure yoh can find something that'd work quite well at a Lowe's or Home Depot... I always take a peak in The parts bin for anything that can be canibalized...

As The bike sits now... Work on it Will commense tomorrow...

Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motor vehicle Motorcycle Auto part
Product Machine Vehicle

#604 ·
What are you 12?

#609 ·
Time to get to work!!! Skipped my last class of the day, well, left early after handing in my assignments so I could get home and get to work... A lot that has to be done!

New clipons, new Brake MC, Stahlbus speed bleeders, re-install ECU, flash Bazzaz map, finish up the Geartronic install... and more I believe... Oh boy... Updates to follow... Prob as I go... Laptop will be out there with me anyways...

Anyone want to come by and lend a hand? :laugh

#611 ·
Hopefully it doesn't take that long... :laugh

Here's my starting point...

Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Motorcycle accessories

Wish me luck!

#612 ·
good luck!!!, take your time so everything done 150%

damn that thing is a beast!

#615 ·
#613 ·
FCUK!

Just found wheel weights on the ground... I just got these tires mounted, and the wheel weight just fell off... The fcukin thing hasn't even been ridden yet...

I know where I'm NOT taking my wheels anymore... Fcukin morons...

God damnit... Now I've gotta take them somewhere else just to get fcukin balanced...

:comp

#614 ·
make it personal!, go use them weights to make some nice insignias on their cars :YEA

#621 ·
VLC has 150%

#622 ·
trolls upon trolls

#624 ·
What the hell happened in here... Ya fcukin ass clowns... Got a good amount done... Rather then type a bunch of bullshit... Straight to pics... Not completely done, obviously... But made some strides...

Anyone need a nice spring loaded gas cap. It's worked great for awhile now... :sing

So yeah... got a bunch done... New clipons, new pegs(cut to break), Gear indicator, stahlbus bleeders, gas cap, ECU installed, Bazzaz mapped, GPR installed, MC replaced and more... Can't remember everything... but I'm beat... Gooooooood Night...

More tomorrow...

#625 ·
Good thing I update this thing for everyone to enjoy! :laugh

:popcorn:

#627 ·
That, and I wanted both sides with the breakable ends so that if I were to go down again it wouldn't bend the whole fcukin rearset all to shit like last time! This weekend is it bruh. Roger, the guy that owns the place whats me out the racing... So hopefully this weekend I'll have pics and vids from my race/races... I'm ready to tear shit up bro! So siked! Can't wait to try out the new map, new tires, and everything else!!! I'll wrap this thing up tomorrow and be ready to kill this shit this weekend! Getting some coaching Saturdag, then races all day Sunday! I'm reafy to get out there and mix it up! :fact

Thanks for ALL the help too Ant! I really really appreciate everything!

#629 ·
The Woodcraft pegs I ordered come like this. They're a bit different then the stockers, and a bit more aggressive grip wise for sure... I just snapped a couple pics of the difference. Pretty sure Ant has all the replacements in stock too. Here's a couple pics so you can see the difference...

Also got some more work done today... But I'm beat so the rest will be wrapped up tomorrow... Pretty sure all I've got to do is fill/bleed brakelines now that the bleeders and MC are installed. Then button the bike back up... Took me awhile to wire/program the gear indicator, otherwise I could have finished tonight. But I've got other stuff to get done...

Here's the pics of what I accomplished... from start to finish... That gear indicator is going to be really nice on the track too, I can already tell!

It was a ton of fun trying to find the wires I needed with all that Bazzaz shit underneath there! That's all for tonight though... Wrapping her up tomorrow so I can take off Friday to the track!

#631 ·
Fill/bleed brakes, install the Woodcraft shark fin, then button her back up I believe... I feel like there's more though... I'll def give it a once over, make sure all the bolts are tight and such, also swapping over to some Black DZUS fasteners in the process that showed up yesterday... Pretty sure that's it. Had to go pick up some tubing to bleed the brakes which is kind of why I called it quits. But with these new Stahlbus speed bleeders it should be a breeze! I've just got some school work to get done... So, more tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.