Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

06+ Carrozzeria Gold wheels.

11K views 130 replies 27 participants last post by  Agg2001 
#1 · (Edited)
I have 2 sets of Carrozzeria gold aluminum forged wheels that came with a bike I just bought. Only thing is I cant run them in Supersport so I am thinking of selling off a set. Looking to get $1000 shipped sprocket,tires, and rotors not included.

See less See more
#5 ·
I rode the 09 with these wheels on it this Friday and I cant believe how much of a diffrence they make in the abilitly to trasition from one side to the other! When I got back on my other bike the next session it felt like a ****in tank!

#14 ·
Sounds good. I'd look but I'm using my phone right now. The rotors fit on my kawi cz wheels, and I think I am using zx10 sprockets, which are the same as the 636... I assume they are the same.

#22 ·
:laugh

I've already got black Rizomas! I would like to see how the gold wheels will look against the silver bike.

If it isn't awesome, I am thinking about havin em sandblasted down to the aluminum for the raw silver import look. Otherwise I've got a paint gun and a garage booth to do whatever I want with!! :cheers

#24 ·
I was on a the edge....but my mind told me that I should save the money to pay for my lawyer and the reckless ticket in stead =[

#25 ·
Yeah I have 1 more set but dont realy want to part with them. The rear has a few small scratches from the tire guy changing out tires and such so they are not flawless, that said the only way these are leaving my garage is for $1000 NO LESS!!!

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#47 ·
So the wheels got delayed in Indiana for sever weather, but I should have em tomorrow. I been calling Carrozerria for info a few times now, and they are really helpful!!!

I figure I'll post in here what I've found out.

The wheels are anodized, so they should look a lot like the gold forks. They recommend only cleaning them with water and a cloth. Then they told me to use pledge ONLY on them to keep em nice and new lookin. Rotor cleaning with brake parts cleaner is a bad idea cause it'll kill the finish. So he said to be sure to use a rag and spray it on there, then wipe.

They also told me the OEM hardware should work for the rotors and rear sprocket.

Now here is the intersting part! The bearings in the wheels are much larger than stock ones. And the tubes that keep em separated are aluminum instead of steel. What this means is that you MUST run 50% of the specified torque in the manual for the axle hardware!

I'm ordering a Ti hardware kit now for em. :D Losin as much unspring weight as possible FTW :flex:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.