Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Nick's 06 Street/Track Build Thread

10K views 71 replies 19 participants last post by  babymilo36 
#1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago I had posted a thread about my bike going down (2006 Raven went down tonight). I decided to start up this build thread on it to show you guys my progress along the way. This will be my street bike, and I will slowly start to get onto the track for some track days.

I hope you guys like what I have here.

This is what my bike looked like before I went down:

This is what my bike looked like after it went down. It's not that bad, but it just gave me an excuse to build it! :sing

If anybody has an opinion on what else I should do to my bike for now, let me know!! I'm open for any and all ideas... Don't tell me I should have just used a black sharpie on my bike though. :thumbdown I've only heard that about 7 times already... It's not gonna happen!!

I will keep this thread updated as I go along! :toocool:

*CURRENT*

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know how well the race rails will work on the track. Haven't read much into them, but it seems like they'd prevent quite a bit of lean angle.

#11 ·
Just bought some parts from motomummy. Hyperpro damper, EBC HH Brake pads, Spiegler white brake lines with gold fittings, new driven bar ends, and Woodcraft engine case covers. I will post pictures when they come in!

#12 ·
Just got my fairings from Auctmarts. They look pretty good so far. I was very impressed with the packaging. The material isn't as malleable as the OEM ones. In other words, it isn't as flexible. Feels pretty sturdy and thick. Paint looks pretty good. Not sure about the matte black finish on some of the pieces though. But it doesn't bother me because eventually those pieces will be carbon fiber. The only spot the paint looks like it ran a little bit is on the front fender, but that will be covered up by the fork. But enough of me talking... Here are the pictures:

#13 ·
Just got some new bike bolts. :) I had gotten some black fairing bolts from bikebolts.com and I didn't like them because they were powdercoated. These ones that I got are black aluminum, and it is the whole bike kit. Not just the fairings. Pro-bolt is the brand. So far I would reccommend them to anybody.

#15 ·
I haven't been to a track day yet, but the only two around here are Mid America Motoplex and the track in Hastings. Mid America Motoplex is under water though. :( The new Ducati dealer in Omaha are the ones that hold the track days. I'm hoping to be ready for my first track day at the beginning of next summer. Where in Nebraska are you located?

#17 ·
Ya. My dads friend has a Porsche and took it to mid america motoplex. But not anymore because its under water. Haha. If you decide to go next year or whatever, hit me up. Do you ever ride out by west Omaha? That's where im at!

#27 ·
Let me know if or when you go! Im always looking for people to ride with. Everyone I know has either crashed or sold their bikes. I really wanna start some track days though next year. Do you track a lot?

#31 ·
A few weeks ago I had posted a thread about my bike going down (2006 Raven went down tonight). I decided to start up this build thread on it to show you guys my progress along the way. This will be my street bike, and I will slowly start to get onto the track for some track days.

I hope you guys like what I have here.

This is what my bike looked like before I went down:

This is what my bike looks like currently, after it went down. It's not that bad, but it just gave me an excuse to build it! :sing

I ordered these fairings from Auctmarts. They should be here by the end of this week:

I also have some Militant Moto race rails that I will be putting on that I got a few days ago:

I will order some Woodcraft Engine covers along with a full Yoshimura TRC carbon fiber exhaust with a power commander 5 and auto tune!!

If anybody has an opinion on what else I should do to my bike for now, let me know!! I'm open for any and all ideas... Don't tell me I should have just used a black sharpie on my bike though. :thumbdown I've only heard that about 7 times already... It's not gonna happen!!

I will keep this thread updated as I go along! :toocool:

*CURRENT*

where did you get the rails from ??

#35 ·
Looking good there Nick!!!

#45 ·
Well the wheels came in today! They look absolutely amazing! A couple of weeks ago, I put on some gold Bohemian rearsets, and now, thanks to HardRacing for helping me out, I just got these gold Carrozzeria rims! The color match is awesome! I also threw on some driven rotors that look sweet! All I'm waiting on is the sprockets and chain from Motomummy and then I'll be able to go get the Michelin Power Pures mounted and balanced! :toocool:
Here is the front rim next to the bike. Look at how good the gold matches the rearsets: :hump

Here are the rims with the rotors mounted:

:YEA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.