Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

R-silaxin's Track Build Thread

81K views 791 replies 55 participants last post by  R-Silaxin 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, here goes... Started my teardown today... For Sale Thread is up for all street parts...

Here's my parts list I have planned to price and purchase over the next week...

FIRST PURCHASES

1. Bodywork- Armor Bodies ***
2. Windscreen- Hotbodies***
3. Brakelines- Fren Tubos***
4. Case covers/Sliders- Woodcraft ***
5. Tank Sliders- ETI Kevlar sliders ***
6. Tank Grip- Stomp Grip ***
7. Rearsets- Woodcraft sold for Vortex ***
8. Exhaust Slider- Advanced Performance ***
9. Chain- DID ERV race***
10. Battery- MOTY 8 Cell ***
11. Fuel Module- Bazzaz ZFI and AFM ***
12. Shark Fin- Woodcraft ***
13. Damper- Ohlins sold for GPR V4 ***
14. Levers- Shermoto ***
15. Stahlbus Oil Drain Plug- Agg Racing ***
16. SBK Reservior Kit- Agg Racing ***
17. Smog Block Offs- Agg Racing ***
18. Angled Valve Stems- Agg racing ***

Fluids- Oil: Motul 300V 10W40, Coolant: Engine Ice, Brake Fluid: MotulRBF600 ***

SECONDARY PURCHASES

1. Clip ons- Woodcraft ***
2. Grips- Motion Pro Dual Compound ***
3. Throttle- Motion Pro Revolver***
4. Tires- Pirelli Supercorsa SP's***
5. Tire Warmers- Moto D Racing
6. Gear Indicator- Agg Racing***
7. Lap Timer- XT mini ***
8. Tire Pressure Guage- Agg Racing
9. Radiator Guard- Cox Racing ***
10. Suspension- Ohlins

Tertiary/Additional Purchases

1. Stahlbus Speed Bleeders-BAUCE Racing***
2. Geartronic 2 Gear indicator***
3. Too much to remember...

***= PURCHASED

Here's a few pics after I finished tonight... Going to finish the teardown tomorrow morning... Then start pricing around, and start ordering parts!

So siked! Chime in with your opinions/tips... Any advice welcome! This is my first build/track season...

:cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
There will be more progress tomorrow! I'll take plenty of pics along the way... I also plan on some install/painting videos also... We'll see if I can find the cables to charge the video camera... :laugh

#4 ·
I like that shelf behind your bike haha. Looks like a nice place to store your gear and stuff. Anyways, glad you finally started to officially tear down your bike and rebuild it! Nice looking list you have there. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with!

:cheers Adam

#12 ·
:popcorn:

#19 ·
I found him on ebay, not sure what his ebay handle is but if you google YEC flash it should give you all the info you need. I believe he is a member here too. You can try R1 forum as well. Sorry I would track it down for you but I'm at work and my time is limited.

#21 ·
Well, here goes... Started my teardown today... For Sale Thread is up for all street parts...

1. Bodywork- Armour Bodies
2. Fren Tubos- Agg Racing
3. Damper- Ohlins or Hyper Pro
4. Engine protection- Woodcraft
5. Tank Sliders- eti fuel-cel protectors
6. Tank grip- Stompgrip
7. Rearsets- Woodcraft
8. Levers- Shermoto Levers
9. Clipons- Woodcraft
10. Tires- Michelin Power Pures
11. Tire warmers- Moto D Racing
12. Gear indicator- Agg Racing
13. Lap timer- Agg racing
14. Radiator Guard- CoxRacing Radiator Guard
15. Exhaust slider- Advanced performance
16. Tire pressure Gauge- Agg racing
17. Suspension- Ohlins or Racetech

Here's a few pics after I finished tonight... Going to finish the teardown tomorrow morning... Then start pricing around, and start ordering parts!

So siked! Chime in with your opinions/tips... Any advice welcome! This is my first build/track season...

:cheers
I also need a new chain, more so to replace the Red EK chain I've got. What chain should I run with Driven sprockets? Recommendations please...

#25 ·
I'm a Renthal person myself but i hear good things about Superlite sprockets as well.A race chain is the only way to go imo, Most track guys I know use DID erv-x race one or EK race. Chain is one place I'm not really concerned with color but more with performance. Again just a suggestion

#26 ·
You're the man Sherman! Thanks brutha!

I'm a Renthal person myself but i hear good things about Superlite sprockets as well.A race chain is the only way to go imo, Most track guys I know use DID erv-x race one or EK race. Chain is one place I'm not really concerned with color but more with performance. Again just a suggestion
Good shit! Added to the list! That's really why I'm getting rid of the chain. I just want to upgrade to something built for the track... Besides, there will be no Red on the track bike... Thanks!

#27 ·
Well here's the update... Many hours spent again today in the garage but I'm lovin every minute! Only thing I could ask for is a buddy to help... That would help lesson the time it takes to break everything down. Here's some pics of how she sits tonight... Only have to remove the chain tomorrow to sell...

Hope you guys enjoy... She NAKED! :laugh Not much left...

Enjoy... :cheers

Attachments

#28 ·
Also picked up a couple things for the garage... as well as packing supplies for shipping!

:toocool:

Attachments

#30 ·
You know me Sherman, I'm not one to cut corners... Had to get me a compressor, a drop light, and some T-handles! You have no idea how much I wish I had my old T-handles during this teardown!

Had to get packing and all so my customers are happy too! Word of mouth will fund my build... Haha Going to start pricing around tomorrow. After I pack everything up!

I need some HELP though! I need some recommendations for race chains which will work with my Driven sprockets, as well as where to find a YEC-Flash. From what I'm told it's a good idea to do now...

Can you guys throw up some links... or should I just call RidersDiscount and see if they've got all this stuff on my list?

#32 ·
EK race chain? I mean I've got an EK 520 coming off... But getting rid of it because it's Red... I want to invest in a good race chain! I'm trying to invest in the longevity of this bike for the track!

#33 · (Edited)
ek..RK..or DID best chains out there.

#36 ·
:D idk shipping one tho...they got some weight to em but yes

#37 ·
#40 ·
Wrong thread goof ball... :lmao

#44 · (Edited)

6. Tank grip- Stompgrip
7. Rearsets- Woodcraft
9. Clipons- Woodcraft
18. YEC Flash- flash-tune.com
19. Shark Fin- Woodcraft

Just updating my list... Keeping it fresh... Still trying to iron out a solid list, then start making calls and see who's got the best pricing for a bulk buy kinda deal...

#45 ·

6. Tank grip- Stompgrip
7. Rearsets- Woodcraft
9. Clipons- Woodcraft
18. YEC Flash- flash-tune.com
19. Shark Fin- ???

Just updating my list... Keeping it fresh... Still trying to iron out a solid list, then start making calls and see who's got the best pricing for a bulk buy kinda deal...
For the shark fin go woodcraft. No tap and die needed for install.

#48 ·
Oh really? Think it's better? Does it stay on well also? Anyone have issues with Stompgrip coming off? I'd prefer to spend money on what will last!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.