Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Question about D2s bulbs - Projectors

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dixoeileen 
#1 ·
I have custom projectors and one of the bulbs went out. I purchased a new bulb and the back doesn't look like it match the ones that were originally in there - mine has wires, and the new ones don't. Here's a pic. Any help is appreciated.

Original bulb (Left) New bulb (right)

See less See more
#3 ·
some aftermarket d2s bulbs are like that so they work with the HID AMP connectors

like this, but they're called D2H

theretrofitsource sells them also:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=4126

but that would be the first i have seen them with spade connectors
but those notches on the round base should be correct to fit your projector though.

curious though how much did you buy it for? and did you get it because you wanted to match the 6000k bulb that you originally had?

#5 ·
Uhhh sorry but thats not true
If you look at any oem d2s bulb you'll see the round base for the oem P32-D connector just like in the pic of the bulb on the right that the op posted
Replacements may or may not come with the wire connectors(AMP) or the round base (P32-D). the one in the op's pic is clearly an aftermarket bulb so it can be purchased both ways it just depends on where you get it from.

And in regards to d2h...
On TRS's page it even says what the d2h is for:

"Made to fit in standard D2S Xenon or Bi-xenon Projectors, these will perform the same as a normal D2S bulb, but leave you with at least an extra half inch of clearance compared to a typical D2S socket. Requires the use of AMP output ballasts or D2S to AMP adapters with OEM ballasts."

D2h is an aftermarket bulb made to make it easier for retrofitters of oem projectors able to use it with aftermarket ballasts

Since its clarified that d2h is an aftermarket replacement for d2s, no halogen based housing would be able to accept a d2h/d2s bulb

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.