Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Rookie in upstate,NY

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Gundamzeppelin 
#1 ·
Hey,

I'm new to sports bike's. I've had my new 09 R6 for a month now and I love the thing to death; Glad to be here & ready to learn.

(My new ride next to my old one)

See less See more
#2 ·
where abouts are you?

#3 ·
hour away from albany,ny

#6 · (Edited)
Will do I know people out there it will a good reason to head over.

nice be safe your new ride doesn't forgive poor technique. have fun and learn from experienced riders. there are a lot of people here that can point you in the right direction. overall just have fun :toocool:
You are absolutely right poor throttle control on the R6 can lead to disaster for a guy like me since this is my first sport bike & it commands respect from me at all times. Actually a guy in my MSF course also got a new R1 as his first bike ever & wrecked it with in a week of owning it. He had way less experience than I have on a bike..... he also didn't know where the brakes where on his bike I am told:nono

#7 ·
im 45min south of albany in red hook.....across the river from kingston.....where are you ?

#8 ·
Scotia bro, I didn't think I'd meet anyone local on these forums lol.

#9 ·
ahh your a long ride from me lol

#11 ·
Yeah its a bit of a trip.

Nice bike! The mustang is no bueno tho :sing :laugh
The Stang was a major upgrade back in 2000, you should have seen my last car, a 1978 Plymouth Volare slow as hell but that thing was a battle tank ran threw a brick wall in that car! A tree fell on it & only dented that bad boy :lmao
They don't make cars like that anymore:sing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.