Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Upstate NY riders

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jasbo 
#1 ·
I feel like im running out of places to ride in Upstate NY. Im from schenectady and looking for new roads to ride. ANyone know of any good routes to take with alot of turns on it.

#2 ·
I feel like im running out of places to ride in Upstate NY. Im from schenectady and looking for new roads to ride. Anyone know of any good routes to take with alot of turns on it.
Oh man....you got it bad buddy! I used to live right next to you in Niskayuna. I'm in NYC now.

There really aren't any places to ride in that whole area, unless you drive an hour out past Saratoga and up towards Lake George. Your best bet may be to go up in to Clifton Park and try to find some areas.

I looked at Google Maps to check my old area....but damn I can't find anything worth while at all in the area.

#5 ·
Geer Hit the nail on the head. You gotta search for turns around here, There is 2 around sunny college I used to hit before school was back in I now avoid hair pin turns around there since cops are on a ticket giving frenzy.

There is one right hand turn you can hit coming off I-90 east that puts you on Washington. If you take the next exit after sunny it will put you at the state offices, there is one left hair pin turn & another decent left turn that puts you back on Washington.

There are also 3 Sweet right hand turns while going In to Rotterdam JCT the 1st one takes you into Rotterdam JCT. I turn off at the parking lot for the bike ride park really lovey over there.

Then there are two nice right hand turns that put you on the road to Mohawk in Scotia These roads are rarely traveled so you don't have to worry about other drivers.

#4 ·
Hmmmm if I think of any others I'll let you know, but off the top of my head I can't think of any. I'll be up there within the month to visit family on my bike. I'll hit you up if I get a few hours to roll around. You can take River Road and take a left on Rosendale Road. Definitely a lot of up and downs and left and right quick twisties. I'd say it's probably about 5-6 miles long...maybe more it's been a while. It runs along the side of Route 7. Barely any cars are usually on that road so you should be able to crush it. There are some serious up and down dips, so my advice is run through it a couple times to know the road first before you hit it hard.

Let me know how it goes. It's been about 4 years since I've been around that road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.