Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New from maui

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Illernoise 
#1 ·
Hey so I joined a while back while I still owned my gen 3 zx10. Well I sold that on impulse and regretted it every day since. Well today I went to get my truck serviced and next to the dealership is a motorcycle shop. I saw this crashed 07 r6. Asked the mechanic what the deal with it was and long story short I am the proud owner of a crashed r6.

The mechanic was looking to buy the bike but crashed it during a spirited test ride. Insurance payed the old owner out and the mechanic didn't have money to fix it. I bought it for 1500. It has 18k on it and the motor sounds very tight.

I am now in the process of buying parts to get it back into shape. I need forks/triples , left clipon, a set of rims, ignition and headlight bracket to make it rideable.i hope to have the bike rideable within 2 weeks or so, then I will start bringing the aesthetics back to better then new.

Look forward to getting back on the rode on what I think is one of the best looking bikes on the market. I have included a shitty pic of the bike how it sits now, would love to keep it the beautiful graphite color it was born as, but I will be painting it myself and I think it may be difficult to spray the color properly.

This one just for fun..

See less See more
#2 ·
from the look of the bike you made off like a bandit!

#3 ·
This!

Sent while riding my R6. o_O

#5 ·
Heroo!!!

#9 ·
BTW ^^^^ has rims for sale

#12 ·
So I hooked up with bpbolik on this forum and he is selling me a complete front end (forks/triples) and a set of rims from an 08. Hopefully have them by this weekend if not early next week.

Still need to find a bracket for the front headlight.. So if anyone has one for a fair price pm me.

The gears in my head are turning like crazy thinking about what I am going to do with this thing. I am thinking since I am getting gold wheels and forks I'm gonna go white and gold.. Or Maybe something similar to the oem grey and gold.. But that will be later, first have to get her back on the street. Thanks for the welcome.. And everyone I pm'd about parts thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.