Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2008 Giant Part-Out

8K views 74 replies 27 participants last post by  Boogie Bones 
#1 · (Edited)
All items sold!

#9 ·
What's up man! The bike looks naked at the moment because I shipped the fairings off yesterday to DeFran to get painted. Kinda copying a racebike I found for sale online. It's in Slovenia though so I doubt they'll mind!

MidOhio is the plan in Sept. I may hedge my bets and wait till 10 days out to buy the passes so I can see a weather forecast. Ive ridden Barber and VIR in the pissing rain but the MidOhio instructors said the place is basically unrideable in the wet so driving up from Nashville to sit in trailer sounds crap. I'll be praying for sunshine though because I LOVED the place.

#14 · (Edited)
It's mostly waterproof. If there's rain some slight condensation will get through, but not much and only on the upper fairing/windscreen where the cover lays flat to the bike. As soon as the sun comes back out it dries in an hour or so. I think it's actually good that it's not 100% waterproof like a tarp because it needs to breathe so it doesn't trap moisture in that can lead to rust.

#22 ·
Bump for a great seller, the exhaust heat shield shipped quick and its in good condition with all the hardware to install; thanks again.

#33 ·
pm sent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.