Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Should I drop my bike?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Owen_R6 
#1 ·
Im 5'5 and weight at 124 maybe 126 most with gear on. I read alot of thread and some say drop it to fit height adjustment. Some say just tip n toe and get used to it. I think Im going to drop mine even though I heard story that the handling will change but Im sure once you get used to it you wont feel the different. I dont do tricks or nothing and I think this way is less likely to dump my bike. What do you think? any suggestion will help. thanks..

#3 ·
I don't think it's a big deal if you drop it 1-1.5", it's more when people slam it down like 3" that it start to really eff everything up. I don't really have any experience myself with it, that's just what I've heard secondhand.

#4 ·
if you way 126 you need to eat a ****in cheeseburger!

#6 · (Edited)
What year is your 6? Im 5'4" and weigh 140-145lbs, I got an 04 you can flip the triangles and it lowers it a few inches. I also lowered the front of my bike about 1.5" and that bitch still takes a turn just as good as any non lowered bike. Im no pro rider, but i only have about 1/4" chicken strip on left side maybe a little less and about the same on the right and my pegs have never hit the ground. Trust me the bike looks alot better lowered, still wheelies like a champ, and you will feel so much more comfortable. Whatever you decide to do good luck

#7 ·
#12 ·
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and more NO!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.