Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Good Quality Gloves & Pants

3K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  TF CaRBoN 
#1 · (Edited)
So im finally upgrading my Walmart Gear. Fulmer Helmet, Icon Mesh Jacket, Blue Jeans, & no Gloves. :lmao & Took MSF class. Really helped out. Was planning on getting the MX-1 Leather Jacket, SMX-5 boots, & Was wondering what are some good Quality blue leather gloves & some black leather pants. I don't go to the track and I tried a leather suit and I don't like it. Already upgraded helmet to Scorpion Exo 1100 Street Demon. Also if you all know of any other jackets or boots that have blue in color post them up I would be glad to look at them. Or any other good places besides Riders Discount

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Since I took MSF class I need to upgrade my stuff. Learned about riding & such. Thanks everyone for recommending me to take it after I wrecked. Once I upgrade gear I should be good to go.

I like the way the Cortechs look. Might look on a couple sites for those.

#25 ·
I have had those for about 10 months, including about 5 or 6 track days and I have had no issues.

My last pair of Alpinestars gloves I had over 4 years and replaced thembecause I wanted new ones. :laugh Not because anything was wrong with them.

#11 ·
I'd stay away from Alpinestar gloves. I have a pair of SMX-2 and the seams are already starting to split after 3 months at most.

#13 ·
I'm only on the street for right now. For the 65-70 bucks they cost me I would rather drop 140-150 on a pair of gloves that I'm going to get a few seasons out of.

#17 ·
I have a few pieces of A* gear.

A* Stunt Leather jacket in blue, fits well, has padding, and I've added the bionic chest pads, as well as A* Race back protector (this doesn;t fit in the pocket in the jacket, so I just wear it underneath the jacket), and the jacket still fits well.

A* GP tech gloves in all black. I bought the off of ebay used, and the seams on 2 fingers are coming out on my left hand

A* SMX-5 boots, I just got them, and they broke in fast, and I like them a lot. I've heard there's better boots around for ankle protection, though.

I've also got a arai rx7 corsair, and icon brawnson textile pants. If I could do it again, I'd get a different pair of pants. I plan on getting a full suit one of these days, though.

And I just ride on the street. Haven't been to a track yet

#26 ·
#35 ·
It is really expensive in the beginning. But once you get setup with everything, the spending tapers off..........at least until you get another bike :D

Can't go wrong with gear from STG :toocool:

Personally, I like the Knox Handroid gloves or the Knox Biomech gloves. Most importantly, I look for gloves with sliders in the palms (aka Scaphoid protection system). If i had looked for that key feature a couple of years ago, i might still have an OEM left Scaphoid instead of this aftermarket one. :(

#28 ·
^^Yea, I have the A* stunt, which is way more perforated, and it can still get pretty warm if not moving. And I'd ask John @ RidersDiscount about that stuff, so you get the best price. The deals I get are pretty good. (And cheaper than what you see in their ebay store, most of the time)

#41 ·
Handroids..

#42 · (Edited)
these aren't blue but they're probably the best glove you can get in the sub $100 price range. they have features some $200 gloves do not.

STG praises the hell out of them too. I've used teknic gloves for many many years and they've been damn good gloves. but they have kangaroo palms which have a feel like nothing else. I can even feel the groves in the grips they're that good. so I really want another pair with roo palms but I can't see paying what they want for them these days. I paid $114 for violators that back then had roo palms.

make sure you check out the video review.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=12947

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.