Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Gloves and Pants

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  deserteaglepoint50 
#1 ·
I am a new rider, and always have played it safe while riding ATV's and dirtbikes, so my gear is stressing me.

I have a pair of gloves that I got from the dealer, I think they are crap. Here they are: http://www.power-trip.com/item.cfm?products_id=311

The other weak link of my gear is my pants, or lack there of. To start off I would like to get a pair of pants that I could put on over my dress pants since that is what I have to wear for work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

#6 ·
The icon pants, i,e storm trooper pants look pretty cool and i haven't seen them before...the ballistic pants are ok for wearing over jeans so wearing them over dress slacks should be okay. In my opinion your gloves are okay, they have the padding over the important spots but i prefer a glove with carbon or kevlar protection, that way the foam just doesn't tear off incase you lay ur bike down. I have a set of AGV Quicksilver gloves and agv rs03 and love em both!

#7 ·
where do you get those ballistic pants? Or at least who makes them so I can check on some sites for them.

Thanks for all the help!

Oh, and those gloves that I have do suck... When on my first ride yesterday and my hands got cold.. So I guess I should say that they suck in cold weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.