Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First Thoughts On Your Bike

3K views 43 replies 39 participants last post by  GhostHavok 
#1 ·
My first thoughs when I got my bike...

How in the hell am I going to make it home without killing myself.....

Then everywhere I went people walked up and told me, " If you take care of your bike it will take care of you. "

#4 ·
Sweet...

#10 ·
I remember the very first time I cranked it up, and barely twisted the throttle and the tach shot up to 4 grand. :eek5 All I could think was "Damn, I should've bought life insurance."

#13 ·
"wonder if I can get through the race weekend without binning it?"

and shortly after that,

"when I do fall off, I hope it doesn't catch on fire and burn my new $15k bike to the ground."

#14 ·
First day: Did I just really buy a brand new R6 as my first bike? :dunce:

Next day: Soooooooooo happy :nocontrol with my purchase now just keep my parents from finding out. :lmao

#31 ·
First day: Did I just really buy a brand new R6 as my first bike?
Next day: Soooooooooo happy :nocontrol with my purchase now just keep my parents from finding out. :lmao
hahaha! yes! exactly what i thought

"i wonder what i look like riding this thing? i bet i look AWESOME!"
same thing..i was rollin down the main street in Fresno and i just thought "wow i just hit 50mph! i'm haulin ass!!!!!!!

my first time out in the twisties i had cars tail gating me!!!! hahahaha that's a first...hopefully they thought i was just being a smartass

#15 ·
First thought-What a piece of crap!

Second thought-Excellent!Now I can tear it apart and build it the way I like!

I can't see myself buying a new bike just because it seems silly to start tearing apart a new machine.I don't know why I have to but I have to.:)

#16 ·
i wouldnt know. i havent ridden mine yet. trailered it home because of not insurance and it was laid over so it didnt look nice. started tearing it down that night. it was a good feeling driving it home though. trailer with an 08 r6, 55 gal drum of VP race fuel, a few boxes with brand new goodies and a suv full of bodywork parts.

#17 ·
"This is freakin awesome, and NOTHING like the bikes in the MSF. How am I gonna get home?"

I stalled out like 8 times on the long ride home, but i was grinning the whole way.

#18 ·
"man this thing sucks in snow"

waited last spring for the first nice week called the dealer to put it together cause i'd pick it up on friday get half way home and it starts to blizzard out of no where. had to keep pulling over on the freeway to wipe all the snow off my visor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.