Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

PowerCommander Maps

196K views 517 replies 324 participants last post by  TheLastNexus 
#1 ·
#3 ·
you have 3 choices.

1-use the micron slip-on map because it had the same settings as the one posted for the blue flame map..

2-try another slip on map such as the yoshimura, m4, graves slip on maps. you will have to experiment with these.

3-get a custom map made at a dynojet tuning center or any other place with a bike dyno and dyno jet software. its not cheap. but you get a custom made map specifally for your bike. with everyone living in different elevations, barometric pressures, and temperatures all these make a big difference in your engines ability for peak performance.

i say go with number 3. you wont have to worry about your bike running too rich or too lean.

#4 ·
Does anyone have a Map for an 04 r6 with a Devil slip-on and a K&N?

#6 ·
no, i'm preparing for it. After i buy the damper I'm gettin a PCIII. By this time next year the bike WILL be bad ass....Then i'll probably sell it like a moron.

#7 ·
I just took mine to the dyno today... leaned it out some and got another 4 Hp out of it.

#9 ·
Hi,
Any one have or know where to get a map for
R6 2005 (european), Akrapovic full race, factory v-stacks, iridium power plugs, K&N filter.

I need something to use before I can get a custom map made.

Thanks,

Antti

#16 · (Edited)
saltysteve said:
03 r6
devil carbon sb2 high mount slip on
graves slide stops
graves fuel pressure booster
factory pro v-stacks pro
bmc race filter
+4 ignition advance
pc3

im really looking for a map for my bike but havent had any luck, need HELP!
I have an '04 with pretty much the exact same mods as you except I got a titanium SB2 HM and Graves v-stacks. Anyways, I got a map from a local racer with the same mods excluding the ignition advancer (that won't matter) and he ran a Micron HM can instead. I just got it this winter so I haven't had a chance to run it on the street yet. Give me your e-mail address and I can send it to you but make sure you post back with how it runs cuz I'm curious how this map would work with our mods.

#18 ·
saltysteve, check your e-mail - post back with your impression of the map when you get a chance to test it out.

#19 ·
Saltysteve, will you please forward the map to me. I am in the process of getting these exact mods. Good choices btw!

Thanks in advance :cheers

#20 ·
cableguy said:
Saltysteve, will you please forward the map to me. I am in the process of getting these exact mods. Good choices btw!

Thanks in advance :cheers
Not sure if saltysteve passed the map onto you but if he hasn't post up your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. All I ask is you post back your impressions of the map. I just put the map in but can't ride yet since it's still winter :(

#21 ·
SaltySteve hooked me up. My parts will be installed by next Thursday. I will keep you posted. Eventually I will have the bike dyno tuned, but I want a dampner first. Thanks! :cheers

#23 ·
At the moment I have an 04 with a devil high pipe exhaust and PCIII, I used a map that was for a micron high pipe and it works fine.

#24 · (Edited)
just to let you guys know so your not hanging. Ive only had about 15-20 mins. of testing done. In the next few weeks i will post my results of the different maps used on my bike with my mods. I will soon share my findings. Ive would have posted the map that was sent to me but i had some problems in doing so, but feel free to ask me for it and ill email it to you.

#26 ·
pc3

well so far it seems like the best map is the one from a site on the original post. its the 6th one down by BIGDEEZUL. his map works the best with the mods i have done to my bike. the idle is really smooth, the others make the bike stall after its warmed up at idle :( Ill post again later on this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.