Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Should i set my suspension?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Steve Larson 
#1 ·
well i recently found out that setting the suspension on your bike makes for better performance (new to bikes) so i was wondering if its necessary for my height and weight

Height 5'6"
Weight 125 lbs

if it is how much would it cost to get it done?

#3 ·
email sent

#7 ·
I think it needs to be said here that for rising rate springs you only test "static" sag, or sag without you and your gear on the bike. Hyperpro sells huge amounts of rising rate springs, so the .pdf is aimed at these.

Straight rate springs (Hyperpro offers both straight rate as well as the rising rate springs) do want you on the bike as well...

Also, before trying to do this be SURE to put all the suspension settings to factory preset, never know who has been "mucking" around with these when you were not looking! Having these "unknown" when trying to get settings makes everything a mess...

Here is Sport Riders version:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0308_geek/index.html

We don't agree with the way they use the term "static sag", as we consider static to be unladen, and "rider" sag to be with you and your gear on the bike.

Just clearing some things up... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.