Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

HELP: Installing Turn signals, mixed up wire, used wrong fuse. and now nothing works!

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  street600 
#1 · (Edited)
So long story short.
Its a 2007 Yamaha R6r with integrated signals and flush mounts that were half installed.

Signals werent working when i bought the bike because a wire was wrong.
Seller told me to replace with all 15A fuses. I put in a 15A fuse into the SIGNAL spot(which is labeled 10A). Then i saw that the left side(clutch side) signals all worked now. Then the right side, and saw that only the front flush mount wasnt lighting up. So i saw two wires hanging down, a blue and a green, (the ground was already hooked up). I then connected the turn signal wire to the blue slot,(wrong one), and then i saw the electrical current jump. Then the rear lights and all were still working and it still wasnt lighting up. I tried the green wire and it still didnt work. Then i tested the blue one again, and it did the same thing and i was switching back and forth and then it completely stopped working.

Now NONE of the signals light up. Not even the green turn lights in the gauges not the brake light.
I checked the 15A fuse and it was fine, replaced it with another 15A and it still didnt work. Thats when i realized it is supposed to be a 10A fuse. So i put in a 10A, tried it and nothing. Reset the battery, nothing.

What have i done!?

and how do i replace what i have broken!? What is broken!? helpp

The bike still starts up and everything. Just none of the signals work.

Thanks a lot in advance
Im a dumbass. Today has been a longgg day...

See less See more
#3 ·
i tested the fuses. They are all fine. i cant figure out what i have broken. i left it hooked up to the running light wire with too heavy of a fuse and now it wont work. What have i broken? is there another fuse box that it couldve broken a fuse in?? if so where? i am lost right now..

#8 ·
UPDATE:
Hectory i tested the headlight fuses and they were fine. My bike turns on, the headlights and tailights gauges and all work.

The only thing that doesnt work is ANY of the signals. My blinkers, and my brake lights, and my blinkers dont even light up.

Anyone know whats going on??

#14 ·
^ +1
Why did the seller sell the bike in the first place? I don't think he knew what he was doing when putting on those blinkers, and sadly gave you the wrong advise on how to get the blinkers working. Hope you get this one fixed soon, and that it isn't anything too major.

#15 ·
ya he sold it because he just got it and said it was too small for him and he didnt want to mess with it. Everything else is perfect once i fix this problem.
Where do i find the wiring diagram and how do i test what you are talking about hector? i have no idea what to test exactly/

#19 ·
the purpose of the fuse is to protect the wiring from over current. and fuses are sized by the gauge of wire used. a 10 amp fuse is used for the signal circuit because the 20 gauge or whatever size wire that is, Cannot handle more amperage than 10 amps with out burning up, buy using a 15 amp fuse, and having incorrect wiring may have caused an over current situation and fried the wires.... which would explain why nothing works now

thats more of a guess than anything.... just so happens im dealing with wierd signal wiring hack job by previous owner and cant figure out mine either :scared

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.