Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

traded in the r6

5K views 80 replies 34 participants last post by  JokerR605 
#1 ·
So after some shopping around, and getting bored of the bike, i stopped in at BMW. Gave me a fair price for a trade, took money off the top of a new S1000RR, and then also gave me the $750 accessory credit, and make my first months payment. Ended up doing the 3asy Pay plan. IMPO just couldn't pass it up.

Take delivery next weekend, but said he would call around to some local partnering places and see if he could snag one before then.

I wanted the red white and blue motosports scheme, but the wife didn't like it, and was an extra 750. Decided on blue.

Pretty excited about it. :toocool:

See less See more
#5 ·
So sick! Congrats... I'm trying to find,one of those in my area... They are hard to come by though... I still love the R1 though as well... May just snag one of those towards the end of the season...

Sweet ass ride though man! Congrats!

:cheers

#7 ·
TY Ty, yeah i love the looks of the r1 also, but the Beemer just seems heads above everything else out there. Plus insurance doesn't deem it a Sportbike, so i get cheap full coverage on the BMW where the same coverage same company on the R1 or a ZX10R, the other 2 i was looking at was almost 3 times as much

The dealer i was at today is the top s1000rr selling dealer in the world, he claimed, but the move them so fast, they have ones on the floor only for display till people come pcik them up, they are already all sold, he has 10 black ABS/TC no Heated grip post recall vin '12 coming in next weekend, all sold already.

#12 ·
This will prolly be my next bike, except im keeping the r6 for...EVER! <3

"The world of every day life cannot ever be taken as something personal that has power over us, something that can make us, or destroy us, because man's battlefield is not in his strife with the world around him. His battlefield is over the horizon, in an area which is unthinkable for an average man, the area where man ceases to be a man" Don Juan.

#14 ·
Welcome to the club... but +1 on keeping the r6. As much fun as the s1000rr is, its a different animal than the r6. When the wife and I go riding, she gets the BMW and I stick with my r6. The BMW is an awesome bike, but for some reason I just cant love it the same way I love my Yami. The acceleration on the s1k is mind blowing though.

#15 ·
It's a post recall vin if I wait the two weeks for the delivery. He said due to their sales size they sometimes get priority from the BMW warehouse in nj and might get one earlier from there. Even still I would assume its a post recall vin. I'll be sure to check that before delivery.

Although it would b nice I wasn't interested in keepin two bikes. That would just give the wife more ammunition in her I wanna get my motorcycle license attack. He gave me just under market value, IMO, for the 6. Miles and condition it was in gave me 4500. Sure I might have been able to squeak 5-5200 on a private sale but I just did that for a guy at work who couldn't use Craigslist. Shocked he knows how to use any electronics really

I'm quite impatient. I want it now !!! And then there is a break in period.

#18 ·
What did they offer you for the 6 & what is the payment plan? Locally they only offered me 4.5k on a trade in:nono I want to keep the R6, but I know I cannot afford two bikes.... Unless i sell my car :laugh

#19 ·
2007 charcoal ("rare", not really, won't argue with him). 11,000 ish miles with normal wear of a few scuff marks nothing larger then a penny. Stock besides a slip on akropovic gave me 4500

16490 for the bike
-750 promotional going on now
-500 dealer kick back
-4500 trade
-1000 down ( my choice not mandatory )
- first months payment.

3asy plan of 106.60 a month for 48 months then a ballon payment of 7300(?? Forget in the 7 range ) after which can either pay or finance or trade in for a new BMW

Insurance full coverage 100/350/50 is 660 year 500$ deduct 6 was 880 with a 1k deduct

#23 ·
:eek: :stupic
Whoaaah!, What the Heck man!! Way to get ripped off, Jesus!!. I mean, don't get me wrong, the BMW is nice, the color is cool and all, but danm man, you took only 4500 for the R6. You should've just kept it, waited to do your taxes or something next year and used that as a down payment. Easy payments! lol, wow man, they brainwashing at the BMW dealer too. That sucks. I don't think that was a smart move at all, but hey, to each his own, have a lot to prove I guess. Remember, it's the rider that makes the bike, the bike DOES NOT make the rider. GOod luck with that stuff, you sure as hell better keep full coverage on that. That's about the only thing saving you cash at this point.
In my case, I own my R-6, it's worth over 7 grand and I will never give it up. Congratulations and sorry I guess.
Enjoy
:screwy

#22 ·

nuff said, the color reminds me of a blue candy apple.

I bet it looks awesome in person though!

#25 ·
Very nice!

#29 ·
I got my Monster there. Who was your salesman if its the new kid hes from the Ducati forums. I got my bike from Terance he likes snapple. My wife brought him 4 bottles of snapple when we picked the bike up and he gave her a $50.00 shirt.

#32 ·
May be a stupid question, I'm looking into a 3rd bike and want to explore more than Yamaha and have been looking at either an 08ish CBR or a new BMW, and since you are in the process you can answer this...do they have a maintenance plan on the bikes like they do on their cars?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#34 ·
sick!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.