Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Stopies

6K views 47 replies 11 participants last post by  LiveFastDieLast 
#1 ·
I searched around for an answer and really found nothing.
I have no problem with stoppies on Downhill Mountain Bikes, I can hit the balance point standing up or sitting down, if its on a down hill I can ride the hill out. I have done them over 100kph on pavement. ( towed in by a car )
As for on my bike(R6) I just feel like my front pads don't have enough bite to get the ass end up. Pads and rotors fine, Lots of power in the them.
Just wondering if pad choice over stock would make a difference? Or maybe I just need to sack up and really hit it.. Or the OEM pad's are just not that great.
On my mountain bike I would never run OEM pad's. They were always horrible. I have always used OEM on the R6..

What's some thoughts?
Thanks

** Yes I realize I miss spelled the title, Saw it after I hit submit, if a moderator would care to fix it please feel free**

#4 ·
Stick with OE pads. Too much stopping power/bite is a bad thing.

Concentrate on your form and amount of brake pressure. Start small and work your way up.

Attachments

#27 ·
Damn Vegas!!!! Shit looks sick!!! Im still plowing but im able to roll 5-10 ft now

#29 ·
I'll get there, someday. Hopefully within the next year or two.

#31 ·
Question: At BP are you making a lot of body position shifting? Forwards and backwards with your torso? Or are you just manipulating the brake lever only.

Sometimes I come up nice and it feels like BP but it's not. But, my form is good, I think. Head up looking forward to where I want to go. Slightly off the seat with minimal brake input. But I tend to shift my body around a lot.

#32 ·
My second pic is almost perfect form. I need to look up a bit more bit good other than that. I'm not at bp in either pic. Still a little low but that is a safe height for me to roll at unless I'm really pushing for distance. Only time I use front or back body movement is in the pick up I pull up with my knees or when I start going over frontwards and have to such close to the bike. <-- not fun. Haha other than that its pressure on the bars and tank to steer

#33 ·
Sounds like my pick up is good then, I do the same thing with my body and knees. So I can assume that I'm nowhere near BP then. That's a relief cause I can get over the mental block of flipping it.

I just need to bring it up higher intially rather than plowing into it then rolling.

More practice........

#35 ·
Kangaroos????

LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!!!!!

#37 ·
Show off!!!!!!!!!

Do you recommend a steering damper? I know I need one but I'm only/still approaching at 30-40 mph.

Heard you only need them once you approach at 50+mph.

#41 ·
I'm running 24 psi.

Can't wait to see a kangaroo in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.