Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Angel Eyes vs. Halo's

10K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  TheJokester3 
#1 ·
I was interested in improving the headlights on my '09 Yamaha R6S. I have seen angel eyes before, and actually was wondering what the difference between Angel Eyes and Halo's are? Also, what do you guys prefer?

Also, if you know a reliable website where I can purchase them, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

#14 ·
DIY angel eyes does not sound fun to me...lol..

A kit sounds alot better!
still no one find a LEGIT kit?
You are correct, they are not fun. They are no where even remotely close to as bright as the CCFL type of halos. I've been using the white oznium.com halos for over a year now and they also survived a 50-60mph crash. I def. would vouch for them.....and they are only $29 shipped.

#16 ·
#19 ·
I got 70. The thing you have to worry about on the S models is getting the outer halo to look right. There is not enough room for a 70 mm to sit right just on the outside of the silver ring unless you route the wires through the housing(what I did). If you want the halo to sit directly on top of the silver ring, you would need 65 mm or 60mm I can't remember off the top of my head. In a quick ebay search I just did, I could not find any 60mm red ones(found blue and white). I found no 65mm halos(leads me to believe its 60mm).

Oznium will make any color and size, but they have a minimum order that is in the hundreds i believe.

#20 · (Edited)
HavocX, send me a PM with what you need.

Lite-Eyes Halos are decent but if you buy them don't buy from their website. Buy them from their EBay store. They are cheaper and you have some recourse through EBay should anything happen to your order. They are expensive but they have a plastic shroud that surrounds them come in different colors unlike the oznium ones which only come in white. They are also a little thicker as well. The oznium ones are brighter though. Below are a few pictures of recent installs I have completed. One was done using the EBay halos from Hong Kong, another using oznium and another using lite-eyes.

Lite-Eyes White CCFL Tubes

EBay Hong Kong Green CCFL Tubes

Oznium White CCFL Tubes

#21 ·
misterjj

what size are the halos you are using? What do you do about the outer halo hitting the cylinder that the inner headlight sits on?

I am sure I have said it before, but I ran the ends of the halo through a slot that I cut in the cylinder for a much cleaner look. I then used black high temp silicone to seal the hole to keep light from escaping. If I had rode the 6 to work today I would show you. Ill do it when I get home in an hr. I wish I had some pictures of the issue. Maybe once I show you, you can document the fix and put it on here for the OCD guys that dont want the offset and want the halo sitting perfectly around the outer headlight.

Joe

#23 · (Edited)
Joe,

The size I have been using for the R6s projectors is 70mm. Somewhere between 60mm and 70mm would be ideal but I have not found any companies selling them below 70mm. Oznium, lite-eyes and EBay all sell 70mm as the smallest. So with the 70mm you get the slight overhang issue that you are talking about. Its not that noticiable but it is there. Also its not that much of a concern with the inner projectors but with the outer projectors the halos bump up against the inner wall of the inner projectors causing them to be slightly off center.

Currently, the only thing I recommend to remedy this situation is to use Lite-Eyes Halos/Angel eyes. The plastic casing that contains the ccfl tube makes the overhang less noticable once you have them mounted. If you have found a way around this issue using 70mm I would love to see it.

Also if anyone would like ccfl tubes that are similar to the Lite-Eyes with the plastic casing send me a pm. Currently they only come in white but they are half the price.

#22 ·
did you mean to ask about the difference between demon eyes and angel eyes? btw, i have the oznium sets both in white. Coated one set in yellow tint spray. I gotta post up pictures soon.

#26 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.