Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2003 track build

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Just_Like_You 
#1 ·
Well I am doing my best at building a 2003 R6 track bike but I am very alarmed at how there is only 2 threads on this forum is there a reason I can only see 2 threads.

I originally started riding Buell and they are great for the street but lack for the track. I will be getting my race school out of the way May 14 with Ed Bargy at Little Tally

#8 ·
In for more pics

#10 ·
Well I am doing my best at building a 2003 R6 track bike but I am very alarmed at how there is only 2 threads on this forum is there a reason I can only see 2 threads.

I originally started riding Buell and they are great for the street but lack for the track. I will be getting my race school out of the way May 14 with Ed Bargy at Little Tally
There's a whole lot more than 2 threads!!

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone I will Hopefully be riding it this weekend but it will not be completely finished. I will still have to get some shorty levers, some fiberglass work and paint, new rearsets, and I am sure someother stuff too.

Here is a list of everything I have ordered

New Battery
Used Subframe
Used Battery Box
Used Gas Tank
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Frame Sliders
Used Seat
Used air lines
Used SharkSkins
Used Power Comander
New front master cylinder

I am sure there are other things I have ordered just can't think of what right now.

I am also pretty sure that the frame is not bent. I guess one can never be positive without getting it professionally checked out but I'm really not sure I want to pay the extra $1000 to get it straightned. Even new bikes off the showroom floor are not perfectly straight.

#18 ·
UPS didn't show up till late last night so I worked till 10 and got the new fuel tank on and I got most everything attached to the battery box. I still need to look up the schematic on how everything goes in the box but I got just about everything in the right place. I will be posting pics this evening 10 is late for me as I get up at 5:15

#21 ·
subbed, Im looking to get a salvage and rebuild it as a project/track bike. What did you pick your up for and where?

#24 ·
Sorry for not getting the pics up but I was in such a rush to get this bike done for this past weekend but I will get some pics up this week. It ran like a bat out of hell this weekend at little Tally TGPR. I ran a personal best out there of 1:10.1 and had a blast track record is 56.8 I think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.