Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Smx - 5 boot

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  bluerebel 
#1 ·
for those of you with the AStar Smx-5 boot, are these quite comfortable to ride around in for street?

any pros or cons for normal street, backroad type of riding? no track days intended.

good for spring summer fall? or is it too much "boot" for just street riding.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't think there is such thing as too muh boot for street riding.

I believe mine are the smx-5. I have has them since I started riding about 5 1/2 years ago. They were a bit squeaky at first when walking around but that eventually stopped. I use them for street and track. I don't think I have ever ridden without them. I think they are really comfortable.

#8 ·
The SMX-5's (vented) are the only thing i ride with....all street riding (for now). Very comfortable, even if you have to walk around for a while. Would definitely recommend them to somebody looking for boots.

have ridden in 100+ heat to ~27 degrees and the do pretty well in all temp ranges...

#13 ·
I love my smx-5 boots. I use them year round (20-100f+ weather).

They are considered a sport touring boot and offer better protection than a shoe. Like mentioned before, it's nothing compared to a full fledged sport boot but def better than shoes.

I've had mine for about a year now and no complaints at all. I've walked in them for a full day and my feet Didn't complain one bit. They've held up great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.