Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2006 - 2011 Yamaha R6 Projector kit HID BiXenon Angel Eyes Halo projectors headlight

173K views 431 replies 128 participants last post by  theR6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello R6-Forum,

I am pleased to announce that we have finished test fitting our Mini H1 projector kit for the 2006 - 2011 R6 headlight and are now ready to take orders.
Please read below for details.

For Installation instructions see this thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151048

Complete Mini H1 HID BiXenon Projector headlights kit for the 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Yamaha R6

This is the latest version of our Mini H1 projectors, which feature a crystal clear cut off line and black cut-off shields.

Our Mini H1 projectors feature full size 2.5" Clear lenses, same size as the FXR projectors; and are very similar in light spread and output to the FXR projectors, but with a much neater installation.

* Only minor reflector trimming is required *

We always test fit all of our projector kits into actual headlights. No guess work here if it will fit!!

Each projector kit will include everything that you need and will consist of the following:

2 Mini H1 bixenon projectors (low beam and high beam)
2 Mini Gatling shrouds
2 slim water proof ballast
2 35w H1 hid bulbs in 4300K (pure white) OR 6000K (blueish white) OR 8000K(blue)
2 Ballast test leads
2 Alcohol swipes to clean HID bulbs and projector lenses prior to installation
2 complete Motorcycle wire harness, all wires are the correct lenght specifically for motorcycles. (unlike most sellers who sell universal car projector kits which leave a mess of wires)..
1 Year no hassle warranty through us, no need to deal with the manufacturer.

Optional Angel Eyes / halos

2 Halo / angel eyes
2 halo/angel eye inverters

Cost:
Each complete kit is only $199 without angel eyes and $219 with white angel eyes. + FREE Shipping!

My Website to order: http://www.bkmoto.com

Use coupon code: r6forum20 to get special forum pricing.
Enter code in the Shopping cart, Discount code section
My PayPal for payment is: borka@optonline.net

We offer custom retrofits, starting at only $200 + The cost of the kit
Simply send me your headlight, let me know what custom options you want, and i'll work my magic and return your headlight completely assembled and PLUG and PLAY! simply install your headlight and plug everything in. Thats it!

Some of the custom options we offer with our installation service:
•Install any of our compatible projector kits into your headlight.
•Add double halo's
•Add Audi style LED strips
•Black out the headlight reflectors
•Install an on/off switch, to turn off HID's so you can have only angel eyes and LED strips on.
•make kit completely plug and play..

Contact us for more info at: sales@bkmoto.com

This headlight has the following options:
  • Full Mini H1 HID Projector kit, 8000K bulbs
  • Dual white angel eyes
  • Audi style Flexible LED strips
  • Headlights Blackout
The Blue hue is actually the clear blue film the customer has on his headlights, angel eyes and led strips used are white.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiCpc63nmh0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This headlight has the following options:
  • Full Mini H1 HID Projector kit, 6000K bulbs
  • Dual angel eyes, Red front, White rear
  • Headlights Blackout

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iMkI3V6SAr8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a projector comparison by JVX;
Chinese G1 type projector, sold on Ebay, and others;

Mini H1 Projectors You can see the beam is much wider and brighter overall

The FX35 FXR projector, as you can see the Mini H1 is very similar in performance to the FXR, and it will fit in your motorcycle headlights without the major modifications and mounting plate making that are required to fit the fxr projector.

credit for this comparison goes to JVX.

Mini H1 Kit, in a 2007 R6:

Mini H1 Projectors, red front halo, white rear halo, blacked out headlights

Mini H1 Projectors, Dual white halo's, Flexible led strips, blacked out headlights

Mini H1 Projectors, White Halo's, White slim side emitting LED strips

We offer two LED strip models with our retrofit service, your choice

Blacked out reflectors

Blacked out reflectors and low profile LED strips can be seen on right headlight

Mini H1 Projectors

Slim Ballasts for easy installation

Low Profile motorcycle wire harnesses

See less See more
#9 ·
#7 ·
Nice work. This will be my next mod in the new year.

#10 ·
do you post to the UK?

#11 ·
i do, international shipping is $44 via usps priority mail.

But these are LHD projectors, so i will need to order a set of RHD projectors for you.

#14 ·
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148701

nice to see you using mine and retrofitsource.com pics in your posting and on your website. how about you replace them with another customer pic using your actual product that you're selling ;)

note to self: watermark my pics :mad:

#15 ·
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148701

nice to see you using mine and retrofitsource.com pics in your posting and on your website. how about you replace them with another customer pic using your actual product that you're selling ;)

note to self: watermark my pics
yes, this is the thread that i got these two pics from, everything else is my pics of the actual product.

The projectors you sold are identical, so i took the pics, because my kit will look identical to the red and white R6.

How are these TheRetrofitSource pics?? its just some for sale thread from you selling a set of headlights.

if you dont want me to use these pics, no problem i will take them off. but no where in that for sale thread was there any mention that they belong to the retrofit source.

#16 ·
The lights off picture was taken by matt, owner of TRS, at his house. no big deal as it's not watermarked, it's free to the internet.

#17 ·
thanks for understanding,

I will replace those two pictures as soon as a few more customers send me in their pictures.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks,

I have a set of FXR's coming in next week, so i will post side by side comparison shots.

I should have the comparison done probably next weekend.

For now i posted a comparison by JVX on the first page.

#28 ·
I Just heard back from Nate,

He accepted my apology and allowed me to keep the two R6 pictures untill i have more customer pictures to replace them with.

so please disregard previous posts, its all good now :cheers

#31 ·
Good luck!

#32 ·
Here is a setup i just did today,

Mini H1 projectors, red front halo, white rear halo.

Let me know what you guys think?

#42 ·
Each side is operated by a 1 to 2 halo inverter, so both front and rear halo's work together on one line. I could seperate the two, by putting 1 inverter per halo, thats if you wanted to run them to independent switches.

with some creative wiring everything is possible, just let me know how you want it, and ill make it happed.

#36 · (Edited)
You asked for more??? i give you more :toocool:

Left side: blue front halo, white rear halo
right side: red front halo, white rear halo

Mini H1 bixenon projectors with 6000K hid bulbs

Send me your headlight and i will customize it any way you want, any color halo combination can be ordered.
Available colors are: white,red,blue,green,yellow and purple

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDkcYKY_erE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#38 ·
that's pretty slick Boris.

Did you have to modify one of the projector mounts to get the beam to sit level?

#39 ·
I got the beam perfectly level, both projectors form a perfect cut off line.

I did not have to modify any of the mounts. I did have to cut off a hump in the right reflector as well as the H7 bulb holders on the rear of both reflectors.

#44 ·
All the prices are in the first post.

For the complete kit like in the video with double halos its $249 with free shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.