Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Spine Protector

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  copatdi 
#1 ·
Hey I want to know what a good spine protector is and how much it should run me. And if anyone on here has one for sale let me know. I had my first little crash a week ago and it kinda shook me up so I want to invest my money into my safety.

#4 ·
knox, alpinestar, technic, dianese are all good brands for back protectors.

i have no experience with icon and frankly don't plan on it after seeing some of their products quality, who knows maybe they have gotten their head screwed on straight and pumped out some good stuff.

there is also bohn which i dont like because they were known to copy knox's designs.

pricing: anywhere from 150 from your basic spine/tailbone protector to 250ish for the nice knox contour protector. regardless of what you get, you want to make sure that there are enough plates to cover your back, there are plenty of size charts that give you a range. also, if you get a spine protector, it'll take a few wears to break in just like anything else. so it may feel like your wearing a wooden board the first time, but after a while it'll feel like a part of your back.

#6 ·
i was planning on taking the small back pad out of my jacket (which is an alpinestars leather jacket) and just wearing the protector under it. I found this one http://www.helmetsandapparel.com/p-acerbis-protector-back-7-ave-27020103-10000202.php and it seems pretty good. I looked at some of the other companies and I didnt like the look of them, i felt lik they werent as protective. But then again Im not really educated in spine protectors.

#11 ·
i have the forcefeild chest protector and it's quality. i have a teknic back protector thats good . but id get the forcefield instead if i has it to do again. also have icon leg and arm armour that i had tailored for size and they are pure sex when its hot. fit under jeans and sweatshirts nobody can tell im wearing them. the legs, back, chest and arms are good to go. put on a mesh jacket and again im set.

#14 ·
I've seen the way you ride bro and I stayed the fcuk back.
Corey i was wearing your jacket and it definitely saved me but the back pad in the jacket is like the smallest thing ive ever seen. So I bought the back protector and im just waiting for it to come to my house.

And kosty...I dont ride that hard..:lmao i just like to have a little fun :flex:

#16 ·
If anyone is interested, I have a brand new Icon Field Armor Vest that I need to get rid of. It's still on the hanger and is in the plastic wrap.

I paid $100 for it, but will sell it for $85 and this includes shipping to anywhere in the continental US.

I not a huge fan of ICON stuff, but this vest is built solid and offers both chest and back protection which is required at some of the tracks that I go to.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/350/643/ITEM/Icon-Field-Armor-Vest.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.