Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Before I touch anything! - Engine gurus

4K views 47 replies 9 participants last post by  Ryan5544 
#1 ·
So, got it peeled apart, to check the valve situation out--

I took the CCT out, before popping the valve cover (see now I shouldn't have).

Now, this is what I'm looking at. I could be stressing over nothing, but before I touch anything, looking for some guidance.

As you can see, the chain is off one of the cams, that's how it was sitting when I pulled the cover.

Now, when I stick my finger in the cct hole, I can take the slack off, but, not enough to pull it so it's tight, and locked in. But, when I let the slack go, it falls nicely into place. (see photos)

What do you suppose I do here. Is this something that will pull together when I put the new cct (manual) in, if you understand what I'm saying.. Or, is this something I need to deal with now?

Any more info I can provide, to help you answer, just ask! Am just being cautious, not touching anything, before I know exactly what I have on my hands. I'm not experienced with anything inside the engine, just know enough to mark, and put everything back exactly the way it came out, and the steps for checking my clearance. Everything else is a new language.

Thank you for any help!!

Here's what's going on:

Something tells me I either need to crank the motor, to make it fall in place, or, when I put the tension on the actual tensioner, it will pull it into place, but I'd rather not guess.

What do ya figure?!

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.