Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My Buildarooni!

20K views 266 replies 28 participants last post by  Ryan5544 
#1 ·
Well, since all the cool kids are doing it, I figure, why not.

This will give me something to track my progress with, and can imagine it's going to be slow moving in the beginning here.. BUT, I plan on using the bike as a center piece for my new shop, and need to have the new place up and running by ~July, so likewise, the bike will need to be almost done by that time.

As the bike sits today:

Slowly working on selling some of the street stuff off it, and have a few things coming to me within the next week or so.

I'll post upgrades as I get them, and try to update as much as possible.

Still not 100% sure on the paint scheme I want to go with yet, but I have a few in mind. I'm really big into the simple, and clean paint jobs, and probably will be moving in the direction of some brighter colors, rather than just straight black, like I always have done.

I am going to have the paint done by someone, because this thing is going to sit in my store, and needs to be CLEAN AS FCUK, don't want any half assed, or cheap routes taken here.

So, here it is, this will give me a starting point, and will update soon!

See less See more
#3 ·
I am going to have the paint done by someone, because this thing is going to sit in my store, and needs to be CLEAN AS FCUK, don't want any half assed, or cheap routes taken here.
You get some beer and I'll pick up some Tremclad and some foam rollers and we'll give it a paintjob that will never be forgotten!:)

#9 ·
Let me know if you need help with any parts at all... I... know people... With unbeatable pricing! If you're looking for someone who paints... Well, we all know Ant paints... I too have set up a paint booth and all and should be spraying this weekend on my track bike!!! Got a sweet ass orange(KTM/Lambo) and black scheme planned for this, with some sick lines... Check it out when I'm done... If you're interested in some paint afterwords, let me know. Maybe we could work something out. Course my man Anthony is a pro at this stuff! He would definitely not dissapoint!

:cheers

Good luck with the build Ryan...

#17 ·
Let me know if you need help with any parts at all... I... know people... With unbeatable pricing! If you're looking for someone who paints... Well, we all know Ant paints... I too have set up a paint booth and all and should be spraying this weekend on my track bike!!! Got a sweet ass orange(KTM/Lambo) and black scheme planned for this, with some sick lines... Check it out when I'm done... If you're interested in some paint afterwords, let me know. Maybe we could work something out. Course my man Anthony is a pro at this stuff! He would definitely not dissapoint!

Good luck with the build Ryan...
Doubt it....but that's neither here nor there.

#10 ·
Yes, I'm stoked to see what you come up with, I have ALWAYS really liked the black and orange paint scheme on these bikes!

Also thought of sending them off to someone on the forum to be painted, but the reality is, is there won't be time to be waiting on the shipping and what not. I'll probably just find someone local to do it up for me. Appreciate the heads up on that though!

#19 ·
:popcorn:

#22 ·
Nice car.

#33 ·
Not bad lookin Ryan... High Temp Powdercoat or Ceramic coating would have been ideal, but that should hold up pretty well... Looks clean... The pipe that connects to the headers is really the only spot you may have issues, it's exposed to the most heat... The pipe itself, and tip should be fine...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.