Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

08 LE build

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  msu_1972 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i started the thread about having a build thread on this site in the site suggestions so i figured i might as well start my thread!

i bought my 08 LE late in the summer of 09 brand new after it sat on the show room floor for almost a year. it had 2 miles on it, already had the flames removed, and already had a mircon slip on installed! i got a great price on it which makes the deal even sweeter.

my first mods were a smoked taillight with blinkers, flushies, fender eliminater, and sliders. before i was able to install the sliders a lady ran a red light and i dumped it at 10mph to avoid her. luckily her insurance covered everything.

i fixed it myself, and rode it with modest mods for the remainder of the summer.

since then, i have lowered the bike 2", strapped it, made a custom y-pipe, did my own custom air box mod, pcv, q2s, aem wideband, e30 tune, and 520 -1+2 kit. this winter i will be installing a bolt on stretch and nitrous (i live in south dakota, not many turns. we go strait lol.)

so on to the pics, starting from the day i bought it till now.

See less See more
#3 ·
well that pic was when the first trans was broke, thus the reason it was in two in front of the car lol. my subie is on the 3rd motor (now fully forged) 3rd trans, 4th clutch, 4th turbo and the list goes on lol.

#5 ·
Nice! Black exhaust looks better than original....

#8 ·
haha yeah, first time it was at the strip was 3 days after i bought it with 250 miles on it lol. im really hard on this haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.