Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

I need to bleed the rear brakes.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bimmerpowrd 
#1 ·
I went riding today, and noticed my rear brakes didnt feel the same as they usually do. This didnt hit me till after I got done riding, but when I was disconnecting the servo cables from the motor I had to unbolt the rear brake resorvoir and I believe it turned upside down some air got into the line....soooooooooI need to bleed the brakes but I dont know how...anyone got a write up about it?

thanks!

#2 ·
Make it easy, get a 1/4" tube that is flexible (get about 4 ft.) Make sure no brake fluid gets on anything painted since it tends to strip paint.

1. Put the hose over the bleed screw and then around the rear peg and back into a bottle
2. Losen the reservoir cap and fill reservoir
3. losen bleed screw
4. pump rear brake (keep an eye on the fluid level so you don't suck more air in)
* with the hose's highest level above the reservoir, you can pump the brake pedal with out closing the bleed screw
5. once you are satisfied that most of the old fluid/air is out bleed the system the old fashioned way. Close the bleed screw, pump the brakes, hold brake pedal and open the bleed screw. CLOSE THE BLEED SCREW BEFORE YOU LET OFF THE PEDAL.

repeat step 5 until full brake pressure has returned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.