Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

choppy idle even after a pcIII, 07 r6 full two bros HELP?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  dgman10 
#1 ·
i have a 07 r6 with a full two brothers cf m2 vale exhaust, sounds great but everytime i start up the bike the idle bounces from 1-4k like when a car has a leak in a vacuum hose or something.. but i figure its only normal when the bike is warming up but its not cause even if its fully warmed up and i shut it off and back on again it does it again.. so i get a pcIII with the map on the dynojet website and even though the throttle response and hp is alot better the idle problem is still the same. IS THIS NORMAL?

#3 ·
yes downloaded the correct map m418-021, there are no leaks and everything seems to be installed right.. i figured the pcIII was going to fix the problem but it still sounds like my bike is *****ed up when i start her up.. does anyone else with a 07 r6 two brothers have the same problem?

#4 ·
There's a bolt adjuster for the idle level... Maybe try bump that up a little? I used to have idle issues but that fixed it.

#6 ·
If you run dirty shitty fuel you may find you get a bit of a rough idle, but shouldnt bounce from 1-4k. Maybe 1.5-2.5kRPM diff.

The O2 sensor shouldnt make a major diff to the idle. Check everything is in place properly. Work backwards and find out whats doing it

#10 ·
I would have the cold temperature sensors etc checked. The motor uses engine coolant to determine the engine temperature and control the idle speed. If something is unplugged or a sensor has gone bad it will cause the idle to be erratic.

#11 ·
If the temp sensor was bad would it still display the temp on the gauge cluster? Or does it use two separate sensors like a car.

#12 ·
I have a PCIII hooked up to mine and it bounces between 1.5-2.5 at warm up. After it is warm it bounces a little but the more I ride it the more it seems to get used to the additional electronic controls. Almost like its learning itself all over again. I have the Exup motor still plugged in just removed the cables. Did you get your issue resolved?

#15 ·
also remember that the maps that come with the PC cd aren't spot on. just cuz a map works good on one bike doesnt mean it will on the other. elevation, humidity, etc... all affect the map. plus i'm sure they richened those maps a hair because thats safer than lean, and i doubt they'd be putting maps up that could cause real problems for people.

so don't get too confident with the canned map you have. if it keeps up i'd get it thrown on a dyno just to check your AF ratio. my bike idles horribly during warmup and even randomly while at stop lights...and i know im running pretty rich per my last dyno run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.