Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My 2011 R6

98K views 751 replies 78 participants last post by  WildBill420 
#1 ·
Just picked up a new 2011 R6, my first R6 and with that a new forum name as well (originally wely324).

Here she is after picking her up in Maryland and trailering home for the longest 5 hours of my life.

I've got BIG plans for this bike, but for now it's gonna stay mostly stock for my next TD in 2 weeks. Over the winter she will transform into full time track beast!

And a big thanks to Chiefsmokedawg for hooking it up with Ferodo racing pads before the stock pads were even used!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:wave

Should swap out your tires!!

#9 ·
Gorgeous pics Billy!

:cheers

I'm glad I got the new pads so you could start right off with sintered ones. It's gonna be sick cause they will bed in so good and you won't need to worry about the carbon build-up glazing over.

Congratulations on the new bike. I am in LOVE with the raised R6 decals on the mid fairings. You should post a pic of just them up. I am gonna order them for my 08 ASAP!!!!

BAUCE RACING FTW!!

#10 ·
Oh EM GEEEE
:wave

Chief is the shit :fact
:fact
Gorgeous pics Billy!

:cheers

I'm glad I got the new pads so you could start right off with sintered ones. It's gonna be sick cause they will bed in so good and you won't need to worry about the carbon build-up glazing over.

Congratulations on the new bike. I am in LOVE with the raised R6 decals on the mid fairings. You should post a pic of just them up. I am gonna order them for my 08 ASAP!!!!

BAUCE RACING FTW!!
Ride like a BAUCE!!!

#16 ·
thanks for all the kind comments, im gonna try and put some miles on it tomorrow if their is any break from the rainy weather

Burg your more than welcome to taste the sweetness, i think Rosco beat you to it already tho!

for the fz6, it will be gone in the next few weeks more than likely:thumbdown
it was an awesome bike and being my first bike I learned everything i know on it and will always love the fz... for street riding, i probably wont ride as much but won't completely stop, but that also depends on many various factors...

#26 ·
ive got 300 miles on her already and all I can say is R6 FTMFW!

i also have a few more upgrades that hopefully will be installed by 10/9 for my next TD weekend! the upgrades will be Fren Tubo type 4 brakelines, ohlins dampner, maybe some woodcraft frame sliders for safety measures, angled valve stems when i throw on my Power ones and a suspension tune at WCW. Also I have mjmoto tire warmers on their way here too, get that rubber all nice n' sticky right out of pit lane!!!

#28 ·
:nocontrol

These upcoming track days are gonna be SO LEGIT!!

Just lemme kno when you wanna grab that damper from J! You're gonna love running warmers bro. I love going hard like that on the first lap! WEWT :toocool:

Most epic decal/emblem I've ever seen. Can't wait to get my hands on em!!

Oh yeah :secret BACUE RACING FTW!!

#31 ·
Nice pic Billy! You're gonna love em man. For the money, it's a no brainer!!! And now you'll get an extra 2 laps each session too!!!! :laugh

:cheers :pimp

How are those warmers compared to t2? Looking for some budget minded warmers

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle App
t2?

#32 ·
i have no experience with other warmers, chiefsmokedawg recommended them. From what I have heard everyone that uses them likes them.
This is the single temp and for the price it can't be beat! I'm sure they should work just fine getting the tire up to temp for trackdays!

#43 · (Edited)
I would run em walt. I did on my pures and it was awesome. Less tearing. Two extra laps per session. And u get to pass EVERYONE out of the gate. :laugh

I did a couple TDs on the pures with the warmers. I still run those tires on my 02 on the street with great success.

170 is just a starting temp. The tires always get hotter than that on the track. That's why u check your pressure once they are hot from the warmers, and then again immediately after exiting the track. U need to adjust the pressure again cause it will get even higher.

The tire reaches the max temp u can get it to no matter what u do. Whether it's cold without warmers or with warmers. The max temp varies from rider to rider due to pace, style, and outside conditions. The only way tires won't reach this peak temp is if u run too much pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.