Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

RS Taichi 826 - Gunmetal

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Zexel 
#1 · (Edited)
My review - Post #15

Just got my RSJ826 here at work, so the review will be short and sweet for now. First things first, the quality is amazing. All the stitching is perfect, the colors are great, the liner and mesh "interior" are extremely comfortable.

Second, the fit. (size 50/40) I'm a small guy, 5'8" and 140 Pounds after eating Thanksgiving dinner. Without riding with it thus far, it fits phenomenal. Like it's a custom jacket for me. The arms are maybe 1/2" long, but during a ride it shouldn't have any effect.

There are perforations throughout the entire front of this thing, so I see no problems during the Oklahoma humidity.

I will post pictures after work, but I will say one thing. I will not spend another dime towards another brand of gear besides RS Taichi unless it's an emergency. That's how great the quality and fit is in comprising to other products and brands that I've owned.

#3 ·
Alright, just got home from work and here are a few pictures. This was basically an early birthday gift to myself, and I had to splurge a 'lil bit!!

The pictures aren't perfect, NOR do they do this jacket justice. The more I look at it now and at work, the more I noticed the quality and craftsmenship of this brand.

The "All-So-Famous" Disco pose. Had to do it for Diego, but I think I did a shitty job. I was too excited to post up pictures and show you guys. Maybe a better one later?

And dinner was ready, so I couldn't take it on a ride yet. And I had to get some type of action shot.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I will post ANOTHER update after I take a good ride in it later this evening. This is the first time I have seen one in person, let alone ANY pictures besides those on RS Taichi's website.

#15 ·
Okay, now for the actual review.

This thing definately moves some air. More so in the arms and armpit areas where it is the most noticable. WithOUT the wind breaker liner, I rode to work the other morning and it was 51* out (18 miles, 95% highway. So 75+mph). I did wear a long sleeve thermal shirt, which is fairly thin layered, and it was not a problem at all. The first 2 miles it was chilly until your body gets used to it.

The fit is still great. I am having issues with the waist adjustment buttons to stay snapped, but I think I just wasn't snapping them that great. I like my jacket to fit tight around the waist and the second button seems perfect. The extra material does "bunch up" and it was quite uncomfortable at first, but once you get it to fold just right it is barely any difference in the feel.

The zippers, pockets, and overall jacket is amazing. I can't get over the quality of the leather, stitching, and everything. The collar and wrist material is extremely comfortable with every movement, which is the way it's designed.

Overall, I would recommend this jacket to ANYONE looking for a high quality, great jacket. I am extremely happy with my purchase, although I did go over my budget. There was no other jacket in this price range that compared to anything I felt in my hands previous to purchase of this jacket.

I love the color too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.