Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Best tire pressure to run is ?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  c6 batmobile 
#1 ·
Ok so I w2as wondering if their is a certain tire pressure that pilot powers (regular) perform best at. I do some decently hard street riding and thats pretty much it besides screwing off every now and then. I have an 02 with a 120 front tire I dont know if the newer R6s run a 130 or not. I also did a search and didnt come up with much. If anyone knows can you please let me know. thanks chris

#2 ·
In the summer here in Texas I would run pilots at 30/30 for hard street riding. It really depends on a lot of factors though. But 30/30 is typical for me with any tire on the street. On the track I run closer to 28/26... I recommend trying different pressures and find what feels the best to you.

#3 ·
The bike recommends 36 in each. Is the benefit of running lower pressure similar to the reason you run lower psi in a car, making the tire able to flex a little more and get a bigger contact patch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.