Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Exhaust Wrap...

925 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  luke geis 
#1 ·
Hey i am going to wrap my exhaust this week. I have been looking around for the wrap and i found a bunch on ebay. But some are different. Does anyone have any suggestions?

who has any of this stuff on their bikes now?

Thanks
James

#2 ·
not trying to be a dick but why would you want to do that? all it is going to do is a keep a little bit of heat in the pipes and destroy them down the road because it will hold moisture... thats why exhaust companies do not warranty their pipes if you wrap them in that crap...

#3 ·
this is what i was lookin for. I just had a buddy of mine fab up a pipe for my raven and he said something about wrappin it. But im not an exhaust guy and thaqts wut he does for a living sooooo. I figured id see what the r6 community had to say about it to help make up my mind.

Thanks again
James

#4 ·
It has been proven that wraps are both good and evil. They help speed up exhaust, keep down heat in the engine bay/between your legs. But also have been proven to corrode the piping over time. I never gotten the whole moisture thing, considering any moisture would evaporate at temp, but i have seen a few destroyed pipes.

I would look into Jet-Hot... <<<<good shit

#5 ·
if they are stainless or Ti then you can wrap them, if not, don't. If you get them wet, most of the time they will sry by the time you get home (if it is not raining) if you get them soaked, and get home, that's were all hell starts to break loose. I haved only wrapped one car in my life, and it was because it was necessary. a 1966 VW with a 2500cc Scat engine and a TO4 custom kit. the header and the pipe got so hot after each run that he had to wait forever to do any check on the engine. and th eowner got burnt a few times while adjusting the wastegate! After the wrap, if it touch your skin it hurts but won't blister!!!
The only benefit I find in a bike is if it is burning your flairing like in a thread around here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.